In our house, soup and sandwiches are a perfectly acceptable dinner. Once of our favorite sandwiches to have for dinner is the classic grilled cheese. Grilled cheese is comfort food…warm and gooey and reminding me of my childhood. Back then, grilled cheese consisted of 2 pieces of white bread with good old Velveeta cheese melted inside. Tasty, yes, but not exactly awe inspiring. I was recently sent a copy of the cookbook 150 Best Grilled Cheese Sandwiches to review and was thrilled with the selection of exotic grilled cheese recipes to choose from. So, here is the one we had for dinner tonight. If you love a good grilled cheese sandwich I highly recommend you check out this cookbook.
Grilled Turkey and Brie with Apricot
More than just Grilled Cheese!
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 TBSP butter, softened
- ½ cup apricot preserves or jam
- 8 ounces thinly sliced maple glazed turkey
- 4 ounces Brie, sliced
- 2 medium Granny Smith Apples
- Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place 4 slices on a work surface, buttered side down.
- Spread remaining 4 bread slices equally with apricot preserves. Top equally with turkey, Brie and apples
- Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press together firmly
- Place sandwiches on a preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted
- Serve immediately
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.