The big buzz world lately seems to be ‘natural’. Companies are starting to finally realize that we do not need blue shampoo, artificially flavored drinking water, or loads of stuff made with plastic. I, for one, am thrilled with the long list of companies that are starting to offer a more natural line of products. Many times when a company comes out with a new natural product line, they aren’t sure how well it will be received by consumers. Do they like the scent with essential oils instead of chemical fragrances? Do they prefer the organic beeswax over the old petroleum based product? Feedback to the brands is important so they know what we like! That is where Influenster comes in! The Influenster’s VoxBox program came out with a Naturals box and I was lucky enough to get to try out the products in this campaign. Don’t know what Influenster is? Here is a brief summary from the website:
Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly — they just want to know what’s up).
Basically, Influenster will send you a box full of great products to try and YOU, the consumer get to tell the brand exactly what you think of it. Brands use this information in product development, packaging, and marketing to make sure their products are high quality, easy to use, and attractive to look at so they catch your eye when you are shopping.
So, for the VoxBox Naturals project, I received a box full of great products that fit into my natural lifestyle. Here are a list of items that were in the box and a few opinions about each one:
- The Original Dish Drying MattThis is a nice sized mat that is very absorbent! It has a loop on it to hang dry if need be and can also be thrown in the washer and/or dryer. It is much more absorbent than the towel I usually throw down on my counter to set dishes on. I really loved this and will definitely be using it for years to come!
- LypSyl Intense Protection LypMoisturizer This stuff is awesome! It goes on really smooth and makes your lips feel incredibly soft. it has a nice light feel on my lips. Instead of the normal little twistie thing at the bottom of a tube of lip balm it has more of a sliding mechanism to push the lip balm up. Worked great, although not sure if it might end up getting pushed up by accident if I throw it into my purse? Might save this one for the bedside table.
- EBOOST Great tasting packet of powdered vitamins you add to your drink for a little bit of a health boost. Very nice, although since only one packet was included in the box I have no real way of knowing if I would achieve any ‘health benefits’ from it in the long term.
- CleanWell Individual Hand Santizing Wipes These things ROCK. I have used CleanWell before and love the natural ingredients and the scent is wonderful. I keep hand wipes everywhere and highly recommend these!
- GEODEO this is a solid, natural deodorant that has a very nice scent to it. I gave this to my daughter since I don’t like the idea of the kids using traditional deodorants. She seems happy with it and no rashes or irritation.
- NECTRESSE I usually use Truvia instead of pure sugar in my coffee but am always open to other natural sweeteners. This one is supposed made from Monk fruit which I find interesting. As with most natural sweeteners, it does not TASTE like sugar but isn’t bad tasting either. Just something you have to get used to.
- DESSERT ESSENCE COCONUT SHINE AND REFINE HAIR LOTION: Smells awesome and you only need a very tiny amount to control the frizz. I don’t usually need too much of a detangler but do have a problem with frizziness. This stuff works for controlling frizz.
Overall, I was very happy with most of the products that were in the VoxBox Naturals line of products. As with most products of a natural type, you may have to get used to the change from your current brand but they were all good products that did what they are designed to do. I would certainly continue to use them in my own house.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.