As a busy mom, I don’t get a lot of free time to myself. With two jobs and two kids I feel like I am constantly being pulled in 10 different directions. I do not have time to spend 3 hours at the gym or plan complicated diet programs. I barely have time to eat breakfast most days! Just because I am busy doesn’t mean I want to ignore my health. I just need to find simple and FAST ways to get healthy by incorporating small changes into my everyday life. If you are just as busy as I am, you might try to include these simple steps to get healthy into your daily routine.
1. Make the most of every moment: If you find yourself standing still while performing some mundane task, start moving instead! Do a few lunges while brushing your teeth or take a walk while talking to your mom on your cell phone. If there is something that you are doing while SITTING, see if you can do it while moving instead to burn a few extra calories. In order to get healthy and keep the weight off you need to burn calories!
Get Healthy by Planning Ahead!
2. Do your food prep on the weekends: Eating healthy can be time consuming so do your food prep on the weekends when you have more free time. Make up a big salad, cut up a fruit salad, bake some whole grain muffins, hard boil a bunch of eggs, and grill several chicken breasts. Having a bunch of ready to serve healthy ingredients in the fridge makes ordering takeout a lot less tempting! Mom cannot get healthy eating pizza and Chinese food 3 times a week!
3. Keep a stainless steel water bottle with you at all times: When you are out and about running errands and you get thirsty you might be tempted to grab a soda or high calorie energy drink. Skip the extra calories and stop wasting money by keeping a reusable water bottle with you at all times.
4. Take your vitamins with you: Just because you are busy in the morning and forget your vitamins doesn’t mean you have to skip the day entirely. Throw your vitamins in your purse. That way, when you remember them, you have them with you. Nature Made makes a great new product called VitaMelts that are great tasting vitamins that dissolve in your mouth – without water – and come in a small, portable package, so you can take them anytime, anywhere. You can choose from a number of different vitamins like B12 for energy or zinc for a stronger immune system. They contain only natural flavors and are easy to throw in your purse. Keeping your vitamins with you in your purse means less days you skip your vitamins! Vitamins are an important aspect of any mom’s plan to get healthy and stay fit.
5. Choose the farthest parking space you can find! Just because you have to spend the day running errands doesn’t mean that you can’t take time for excise. I always try to choose the parking space farthest from the Target entrance so I can log a few more steps into my day. That way, when my kids surprise me with a last minute request for 30 cookies for the class party, I don’t have to feel TOO bad about skipping my walk that night.
6. Take time to wind down at night: Without a few minutes to relax before bed, we aren’t going to be able to get to sleep very well. And without a good night sleep, the stress of day to day life can get pretty overwhelming. You don’t need an hour… just 15 minutes with a good book, a relaxing craft, or a cup of herbal tea will go a long way in getting us to sleep faster. Of course, a Sleep VitaMelt wouldn’t hurt either! You can’t expect to get healthy and keep up with your kids if you are tired all the time!
Life is crazy when you are a busy mom and sometimes we concern ourselves with our family’s health more than our own. We need to take a few minutes out of every day to get healthy so that we can take care of everyone else more efficiently! Healthy food, exercise, and the appropriate supplements make superior health easier to achieve!
Do you have any tips to help busy moms get healthy?
What works for you?
Nature Made® VitaMelts™ are a new “one of a kind”, enjoyable way to take your vitamins because they melt in your mouth and taste great. Discover how new Nature Made® VitaMelts™ can transform your vitamin taking experience by making it enjoyable. Visit us at NatureMade.com/VitaMelts to learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Nature Made via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Nature Made.