This macaroon recipe was inspired by a product I received for review but all opinions expressed are my own.
I am bringing lunch to a friend this afternoon for a bit of a ‘girls lunch in’. Who says we need to hit a restaurant for an afternoon of socialization, right? Of course, along with lunch I have to bring some dessert. Well, I guess I don’t HAVE to but really, no good gossip session is complete without chocolate! This macaroon recipe was incredibly easy to make and they came out a tad bit chewy and with a wonderful flavor. The thing I love about baking from scratch is that I can pick and choose the quality of the ingredients that go into my recipes. Today’s cookies feature eggs from a friend who has her own chickens, organic cocoa powder, and raw non GMO cane sugar. I used some peppermint extract and chocolate extract that I received from Nielsen-Massey and can honestly say that the fudgy, minty flavor in this macaroon recipe is just slightly addictive. I would happily eat more right now as they cool on my counter but my friend might wonder where the dessert was that I promised to bring! I hope you enjoy this easy macaroon recipe and if you have any other flavor suggestions for macaroons I would love to hear them. These were so easy to make and I would love to play around with the flavors!
Mint Chocolate Chip Macaroon Recipe
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chocolate extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 2½ cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips, melted, and cooled slightly
- In a large mixing bowl add the egg whites and the salt. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form (3 to 4 minutes)
- Add in the cocoa powder, sugar, and extracts of chocolate and peppermint. Beat on low until well mixed.
- Gently stir in the melted chocolate, shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Mix until the coconut is completely covered and chocolate is incorporated.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until cookies have a light shine to them and are almost set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes on cookie sheet before removing to wire rack.
- Cool completely and store tightly covered.
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.