This yogurt pie recipe was inspired by a product I received at no charge to review but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I have two very distinct aspects of my personality when it comes to food. I have the part of me that wants to eat as healthy as possible and then I have the other half that craves desserts at an alarming rate. These two haves of my personality are at war with each other on a regular basis. Every once in a while I find a way to create something that makes both halves of me happy. When I received some granola from KIND to try out I knew right away I wanted to create something sweet and decadent with it. Granola is wonderful for breakfast in the morning or on top of low fat yogurt for a healthy snack but the dessert craving half of me wanted MORE. This raspberry yogurt pie recipe is a perfect balance between healthy goodness and sweet dessert. You can alter the fruits in it depending on what you find for yogurt and fresh fruit. The original recipe was a blueberry yogurt pie but I thought the raspberries would be a nice change of pace.
The KIND granola that I received to try out comes in several different flavors and is all natural, non GMO, has no refined sugars and is loaded with whole grains. It is also cholesterol free, gluten free and low in sodium so it is a good choice for people on restricted diets. It is lightly sweet and full of ingredients you can actually pronounce. If you would like a more portable healthy snack you can check out the KIND Bars. They are a huge hit in my house and come in a wide variety of flavors. I have tried several of them over the last few years and have yet to try one that I didn’t like.
This raspberry yogurt pie recipe was incredibly easy to make and if you choose a gluten free cream cheese this recipe is very easy to make completely gluten free. I used Noosa raspberry yogurt which is a full fat yogurt. You could substitute a low fat Greek yogurt if you are trying to reduce the fat content.
If you are looking for KIND bars they are now available in Target for the first time in the pharmacy section!
Raspberry Yogurt Pie Recipe with Granola Crust
- For the Crust:
- 1 (11 ounce) package of KIND granola (I used Cinnamon Oat Clusters with Flax Seeds)
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Pie:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of organic cream cheese
- 2 (5 ounce) containers of Noosa Raspberry yogurt
- 4 TBSP raw sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- For topping:
- Fresh raspberries (approximately 4 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a food processor, combine the granola and sugar. Process until until fine crumbs form. Drizzle in the butter and process until combined.
- Transfer the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate and press it onto the bottom and sides. Bake about 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in the yogurt until completely combined.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into the cool pie crust and chill at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Top with fresh raspberries right before serving.
What’s YOUR favorite pie recipe?
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.