This Sausage, Potato and Asparagus Casserole Recipe is sponsored by Klondike Brands® and Green Giant® Fresh but all opinions expressed here are my own.
There is nothing I like more than an easy casserole recipe, especially when it starts with real, actual food ingredients and not packages of premade seasonings and cans of condensed soup. Not that I don’t use those things occasionally but I do try and limit them. Fresh, whole ingredients can easily be made into a casserole with the addition of a cream sauce, some seasonings, and a handful of green onions from the garden. The following casserole recipe uses Klondike Rose potatoes and Green Giant Fresh Asparagus. You can find both of these products at Target and starting October 14th (yesterday!) you can get a coupon for a FREE package of asparagus when you purchase Klondike Rose potatoes. Get your Green Giant® Fresh Asparagus and Klondike Rose® Potato free product coupon and then give this easy casserole recipe a try in your own kitchen. I used Aidells natural sausage but you can use ham, kielbasa or another fully cooked sausage. If you use raw sausage make sure you cook it before adding it to the casserole recipe!
Sausage, Potato and Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound Klondike Rose potatoes, sliced
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (divided)
- 1 tsp.dried tarragon
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 pkg Aidells natural chicken apple sausage, cut in bite-sized slices
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut in 2 to 3-inch pieces
- In a large pot, bring 6 to 8 cups of water to a boil. Wash and slice the potatoes, leaving the skin on. Add to boiling water and reduce to simmer. Cook 5 minutes or until almost tender. Drain and set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, chop asparagus, slice sausage, and chop green onion. Set aside.
- Return the potato cooking pot (empty) to the stove and add milk, cream cheese, and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese. Turn on medium and stir until combined and everything is melted. Add the garlic salt, pepper and tarragon. Remove from heat.
- In a 1½ quart casserole dish layer potatoes, asparagus, sausage, green onions, and sauce. Repeat until it is all gone.
- Bake at 400 degrees covered for 20 minutes. Remove lid and sprinkle with remaining 1 /2 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake another 10 minutes or until light brown and bubbly.
Do you have a favorite casserole recipe that your family loves?
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.