This Summer Dessert Recipe and No Kid Hungry post is sponsored by ACH Foods and Mom Central Consulting but all opinions expressed are my own.
I have a serious weakness for sweets and almost every dinner is followed by some sort of dessert. My mom always used to say that ice cream made the perfect dessert because no matter how full you were, it just melted to fill in all the cracks. There is no such thing as being too full for dessert in my house! I try to tailor the desserts I make to what is on sale or in the pantry whenever I can. Right now, strawberries are in season in Florida and here in Georgia I am finding them at a really great price in the grocery store. This strawberry lemonade pie makes a great summer dessert recipe. It really called out to me because it uses a seasonal ingredients but also because the combination of sweet and tart flavors sounded really appealing.
Easy Summer Dessert Recipe
With spring in full force, many schools and clubs are starting to look towards bake sales to help raise money for their expenses. If you have ever helped organize a bake sale, I’m sure you realize how appealing the sound of a home baked dessert is to a lot of people. Do you have a signature item you always bring for a bake sale? Fleischmann’s Yeast and Karo Syrup are two trusted products that have helped people create beautiful homemade breads and delicious desserts for more than 100 years and right now they are sponsoring the Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry Campaign. What can you do to help? To help Fleischmann’s Yeast and Karo Syrup donate $200,000 to the No Kid Hungry campaign you can create a “Virtual Bake Sale” on the Fleischmann’s Yeast and Karo Facebook pages. To participate you must “like” Fleischmann’s Yeast’s Facebook Page.
What is a virtual bake sale? It is a very simple concept and no oven is needed! Just select your favorite mouth-watering virtual bake sale recipes from their online list … then send them to your friends to “like.” A Free, easy, and fun way to raise awareness of a good cause! By creating a virtual bake sale and sharing with your friends between now and May 12th, you could win a weekly prize pack or our grand prize – a KitchenAid® mixer! I bet a KitchenAid mixer would come in handy the next time you make your favorite summer dessert recipe!
Whether you are creating a baked good for a bake sale or just making a new summer dessert recipe for your family to enjoy, Karo and Fleischmann’s yeast are both trusted brands that have been around for a long time. Karo syrup is the only leading national brand of corn syrup that contains 0 grams of high fructose corn syrup. I hope you enjoy the strawberry lemonade pie recipe and would love for you to head over to the Fleischmann’s Yeast’s Facebook Page to help raise money and awareness for their No Kid Hungry campaign!
This Strawberry Lemonade pie recipe was incredibly easy to make and it was a big hit with my family!
Strawberry Lemonade Pie
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon Spice Islands® 100% Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly shredded lemon peel
- 3 cups thinly sliced strawberries
- Sweetened whipped cream and thinly sliced lemon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom and trim the edge OR a 9-inch pie pan and flute the edge. Line the crust with a double sheet of foil. Bake 10 minutes. Remove foil and cool slightly.
- Stir together sugar and flour in a medium bowl. Add eggs, ½ cup corn syrup, ⅓ cup lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Pour into partially baked pie shell.
- Bake about 30 minutes until top of filling is golden brown. Cool. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons corn syrup, 1 teaspoon lemon juice and lemon peel. Cover and set aside. Just before serving arrange sliced berries on top of baked filling and drizzle with lemon mixture. Top each serving with whipped cream and a lemon slice, if desired.
- *If using tart pan remove rim from pan before serving.
Disclaimer: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for ACH Food Companies Inc. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.