Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 lb ripe strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (or orange juice if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Place half the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar and Grand Marnier
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Puree the remaining strawberries together with the confectioners' sugar in a blender.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Reserve a quarter of the whipped cream for garnish and refrigerate.
- Carefully fold the remaining cream into the pureed strawberries.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries in 4 wine or martini glasses, reserving a few strawberry slices for garnish.
- Fill the glasses with the strawberry cream, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Top each glass of mousse with some reserved whipped cream and decorate with the remaining sliced strawberries.
Recipe by Turning the Clock Back at http://www.turningclockback.com/2013/01/valentines-day-recipe-strawberry-mousse.html