This No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe is sponsored by a product for review from Newman’s Own Organic. All opinions expressed here are my own.
I love to bake and since I have a horrible sweet tooth, there is almost always some sort of dessert in my house. My kids love me….my scale hates me! But, I can’t quite kick the habit so I try to make it from scratch so I can control the ingredients. I don’t worry so much about fat and calories (although I probably should be!). I am more concerned with preservatives and other artificial ingredients. I buy organic products as much as possible and this no bake chocolate cheesecake is full or organic heavy cream and Newman’s Own Organic chocolate. As I was browsing through recipes for inspiration I realized that it is MUCH too hot here right now to turn my oven on for an hour. I decided that a no bake chocolate cheesecake would feed my need for creamy chocolate without heating up my oven and turning my house into a sauna.
You can get fancy with this no bake chocolate cheesecake and put it into a spring form pan but honestly, I don’t really need fancy and was feeling rather lazy! I lined a 9 inch by 5 inch pan with foil before spreading the chocolate crumbs in the bottom. There was just enough room for the entire batch of filling and after it is chilled, each piece of no bake chocolate cheesecake can then be topped with peanut butter whipped cream, chopped peanuts, and small bits of peanut butter cups (also organic from Newman’s Own). The resulting no bake chocolate cheesecake is a decadent dessert that is perfect for a hot summer day!
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake with Peanut butter Whipped Cream
- For the crust:
- 7 ounces (approximately half a box) of graham crackers
- 5 TBSP cocoa powder
- 3 TBS sugar
- 6 TBSP melted butter
- For the filling
- 2 (8 ounce) bricks of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 3 (3.25 ounce) bars of Newman’s Own Organic Chocolate
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- For the topping
- 2 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 4 TBSP chopped peanuts
- 4 Newman’s Own Organic Peanut Butter Cups, chopped
- In a food processor, combine the graham crackers and cocoa powder. Process until completely crumbled. Add in the melted butter and process again until mixture is crumbly. Press firmly into foil lined 9 inch by 5 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with the vanilla and powdered sugar until completely smooth.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt all three bars of chocolate, breaking into pieces before putting into bowl to melt.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture and beat until completely combined and smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold this into the cream cheese and chocolate mixture until completely incorporated. Stir gently so it remains airy.
- Pour the filling over the crust and spread evenly.
- Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- For the peanut butter whipped cream: In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream with the 4 TBSP powdered sugar until almost stiff. Add the 2 TBSP peanut butter and whip again until stiff peaks form.
- To serve: Remove the cheesecake from the pan using the aluminum foil to lift. Cut each piece with a sharp knife and top with peanut butter whipped cream. Sprinkle each slice with chopped peanuts and bits of peanut butter cups right before serving.
I am a huge fan of Newman’s Own Organic Chocolate and I love that it is carried right in my local Kroger. I received a number of different flavors which I have never tried up until now. Their chocolate is made from cocoa beans grown on Rainforest Alliance Certified™ farms. The Rainforest Alliance Certified™ seal means that the cocoa in these chocolate bars was grown on farms that meet comprehensive standards for sustainable farming, protecting soil, waterways and wildlife habitat as well as the rights and welfare of workers, their families and communities. The Newman’s Own organic chocolate come in many flavors including
- Dark Chocolate
- Super Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa
- Mocha Milk Chocolate
- Milk Chocolate
- Espresso Dark Chocolate
- Orange Dark Chocolate
This no bake chocolate cheesecake would be delicious with the addition of mint or espresso. There are so many ways to get creative with this recipe using the different flavors of Newman’s Own Organic chocolate bars. These chocolate bars are creamy and flavorful and I love that the ingredients come from sustainable sources. These chocolate barsare available in two sizes: 3.25-ounce and 2.25-ounce.
I also tried a number of the Newman’s Own chocolate cups which were also delicious. I used the peanut butter cups as a topping to this no bake chocolate cheesecake but ate a number of them just straight out of the package. I think my favorite was the caramel but the peppermint ones were also delicious.
Overall, I love the chocolate from Newman’s Own Organics and it was a great addition to my no bake chocolate cheesecake!
Newman’s Own Organics would like to offer one my readers a selection of their products to try out in their own kitchen. Due to the hot weather, your prize package may not contain the chocolate reviewed here as part of the selection. This is a Giveaway Tools contest so follow the directions in the form to enter.
In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
By entering this giveaway, you release this blog and it’s owner from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the giveaway or delivery, mis-delivery or acceptance of any prize.