This parfait recipe was inspired by a product I received to review but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I have always been a huge fan of adding fruit to my granola. If I have a bowl of granola for breakfast it is always topped with raisins or berries. When I grab a yogurt for a snack it usually has a combination of granola and fruit added to it. Granola gives it a bit of texture and the fruit provides extra sweetness. When I was trying to decide the best way to feature the delicious granola I received from Ladera Granola in a recipe I knew it would contain fruit. I was at the grocery store when inspiration struck. Lemons and raspberries would taste DELICIOUS with granola!
The question I had to decide was how to incorporate the lemon flavor into my dessert. I have been experimenting with a number of homemade puddings recently and a Google search led me to LOTS of delicious looking lemon pudding recipes. This parfait recipe pairs a thick and creamy homemade lemon pudding with layers of all natural granola and plenty of fresh raspberries. I chose to use Meyer lemons for this pudding since they are a bit sweeter than traditional lemons. I used about 6 lemons making this so make sure you buy a few! If you are pressed for time you could certainly buy your lemon pudding from a box but honestly, this pudding recipe is incredibly easy to make and you can do it the day before for a quick and easy parfait recipe to serve guests or just a really hungry family.
Lemon and Raspberry Parfait Recipe
- Lemon Pudding Ingredients
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- FOR SERVING:
- 1 cup Ladera Granola
- 2 4 ounce containers of fresh raspberries
- To make the pudding (do this the night before or at least 4 to 6 hours before you need it to provide time for it to chill and set up!)
- In a large sauce pan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Whisk the milk in gradually until it contains no lumps. Add cream , egg yolks, salt and lemon zest. Mix well.
- Heat mixture slowly over medium heat while stirring constantly. When mixture thickens to the point where it will form 'ribbons' when drizzled over itself, remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter until melted.
- Stir in the lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Refrigerate 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- TO SERVE:
- Layer pudding, Ladera Granola, and raspberries in a parfait glass and enjoy!
Ladera granola is made from only the finest natural ingredients and comes in a package that is 100% recylceable. They are dedicated to sourcing their ingredients from local suppliers whenever possible. Their granola contains no preservatives, trans fats or cholesterol and uses maple syrup to sweeten it, which gives it a delicious flavor.