I have always had a horrible sweet tooth and honestly, I see nothing wrong with indulging in desserts regularly. I choose to make desserts from scratch most of the time and use real butter, heavy cream and plenty of organic sugar. Of course, this comes with a fairly high calorie count so I try to balance my love of sweets with healthy dessert options when I can. This chocolate dipped apricots recipe is the perfect balance between deliciously sweet and slightly healthy. All the flavor and less of the guilt! It is also incredibly easy to make and requires very little time to put together. If you find yourself craving something sweet, dip a few dried apricots and indulge your sweet tooth! I will include a few affiliate links for topping suggestions if you are inspired to do a little shopping before you start dipping.
In terms of toppings, you can honestly sprinkle all sorts of things on this chocolate dipped apricots recipe. Use nuts, coconut, rose petals, matcha tea, sprinkles, or whatever else your heart desires. Savory elements give a nice balance to the sweetness of the chocolate and dried apricots. Colorful things bring a pretty ‘pop’ to your serving plate. Get crazy and add whatever inspires you to this healthy dessert recipe!
I got very creative with topping ideas but honestly, these are delicious with just plain old chocolate and apricots. If you do want to try a few of the other flavors, here are the ones that I used:
- Sweetened flaked coconut
- Matcha Tea
- Edible rose petals
- Raw sunflower seeds
- Slivered almonds
- Dried chili peppers, crushed
Let me know if you try any other flavor combinations!
Chocolate Dipped Apricots Recipe is a Healthy Dessert
- 24 dried apricots
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips or chocolate bark wafers
- toppings of your choice, 1 to 2 TBSP of each one.
- parchment paper for drying
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave on 50% power. Do not overheat!
- Dip the dried apricots into the melted chocolate and lay each one on a piece of parchment paper
- While the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle with your toppings of choice.
- Let dry 10 to 15 minutes and enjoy!
Like this healthy dessert recipe? Try some of these!
Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe