Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies and I am always looking for new ways to serve it to my family. Today’s recipe is a guest post from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom. This is similar to a dish I serve my own family…I love just about everything with an Alfredo sauce on top!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1″ cubes
- 1½ cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces of fettucini, cooked
- ⅔ cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups alfredo sauce
- salt & pepper
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and add chicken. Cook until done. Add broccoli & garlic and cook, stirring about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, basil and Parmesan cheese, stir to blend. Reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes. Add alfredo sauce and cook till heated through.
- Add cooked fettucini and stir.
Ellen is a busy mom of two teenagers who left the corporate world in 2008 to focus on a more eco-friendly life. She lives in rural Vermont where she juggles family, two blogs and a career in social media. You can find her at http://confessionsofanover-workedmom.com and http://the-socialites-closet.blogspot.com