Ever have one of those days where the stress of life is weighing you down? Like, if you do not get chocolate or wine or a nap some time very soon you are going to totally snap and end up in a padded room? The last two days for me have been like that for me. With bathroom construction going on and my inlaws in town, I am about one crisis away from a nervous breakdown this week. I decided I needed to do something about my unhealthy stress level before mommy got in the car and drove to Tahiti all by herself. If you have ever wanted to just take your frustration out on an inanimate object, aromatherapy dough is definitely a natural stress relief that you should try.
So, what is aromatherapy dough? Essentially, it is playdough for grownups! Instead of food coloring and artificial fruit aromas, aromatherapy dough includes essential oils and dried herbs that offer natural stress relief. I chose to use dried lavender flowers and lavender essential oil for my aromatherapy dough. You could also use a chamomile tea bag and Ylang Ylang essential oil or whatever other essential oil works to relax you. This aromatherapy dough took literally minutes to make and is a great way to relax at the end of a busy day!
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup salt
- 1 TBSP oil (vegetable oil, grapeseed oil, etc)
- 2 TBSP Cream of Tartar
- 1 cup water
- 10 to 15 drops lavender essential oil
- 1½ TBSP dried lavender flowers (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan
- Place pan over medium heat and stir constantly
- As mixture thickens into a dough it will be hard to stir but heat and stir until it is a solid ball that holds together.
- Remove from heat and let cool
- Squish as needed to relieve stress!
- You can store it in the refrigerator for longer life.