Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This savory cheese spread is an easy and festive appetizer recipe. If you are a blue cheese fan, this cranberry blue cheese spread with pecans will be a huge hit. Perfect for a holiday party, football game, or just a Friday night at home!
My love of cheese appetizers!
I have a serious weakness for appetizers. I often go to a restaurant and just order a selection of things off the appetizer menu. That way I try small portions of several different dishes and they are easily shared with friends and family.
When we have company over, I serve my guests a selection of different appetizers rather than making a huge sit-down meal. Serving appetizers allows more room for mingling, wandering around and chatting, and just general socializing. A big sit-down meal just seems way too formal for my style of entertaining.
If you are looking for some cheese appetizer recipes, keep reading for a VERY quick and easy Cranberry and Blue Cheese Spread to serve at your next party!
Cranberry and blue cheese spread ingredients
One thing I really look for when making an appetizer for a holiday party is that it is EASY. I don’t want to have my guests all milling about and have me be stuck in the kitchen cooking and assembling tiny appetizers with toothpicks!
- Cream cheese softened to room temperature
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Sour cream
- Celery, finely minced
- Parsley, finely minced
- Dried cranberries
- Black pepper
- Crackers for serving
This cranberry and blue cheese spread requires one bowl and only a small amount of chopping. Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before you get started for the easiest mixing.
I SWEAR by my Kitchenaid mixer. I’m sure you can mix this spread with a wooden spoon but it took all of 15 seconds in my mixer to get everything combined.
Love this cranberry blue cheese spread? Try these blue cheese recipes, too:
- Blue Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Red Potato Appetizer: Essentially, a twice-baked potato is a baked potato with the inside scooped out and combined with delicious things like cheese, bacon, and sour cream. Then you put the whole thing back in the potato, bake a few more minutes and enjoy.
- Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts: This Roasted Beet Salad with Blue Cheese and Walnuts is a healthy recipe loaded with nutritious ingredients.
- Creamy Asparagus Pasta Salad Recipe with Bacon and Bleu Cheese: This is a quick and easy pasta salad with blue cheese, asparagus, and bacon.
This savory blue cheese cranberry spread is loaded with crunchy pecans and celery. It gets its creaminess from cream cheese and sour cream. Blue cheese, of course, is a star flavor. If you are having company over and looking for an easy appetizer recipe I highly recommend you give this one a try!
Cranberry and Blue Cheese Spread
Looking for cranberry blue cheese appetizers? This cheese spread is delicious! Creamy, crunchy, and bold in flavor, it is an easy appetizer recipe for your next party!
Cranberry and Blue Cheese Spread
This savory blue cheese cranberry spread is loaded with crunchy pecans and celery and gets it’s creaminess from cream cheese and sour cream. Blue cheese, of course, is a star flavor!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 3 TBSP fresh parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- crackers for serving
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, celery, parsley, pecans, cranberries and pepper in a large mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly until everything is well blended
- Place in serving bowl alongside crackers and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.
1 thought on “Cranberry Blue Cheese Spread”
Looks like a delicious appetizer indeed! Love the addition of cranberries 🙂