Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
I received samples of Cabot cheese at no charge to use in this easy cheese recipe however all opinions expressed here are my own.
If there is such a thing as a cheese addiction, I am pretty sure I suffer from it. Whether it is on a sandwich, in a casserole, or sprinkled on top of nachos I am firmly believe that everything tastes better with cheese on it. At this particular moment, my refrigerator is holding blue cheese, feta, Parmesan, brie and some delicious bars from Cabot that I received recently to review. Always nice to have a selection to choose from, right?
Since deciding to try a gluten free diet last month, I have had to make some drastic changes to my diet. No more snacking on cheese crackers or munching on traditional grilled cheese sandwiches or pasta. I think I am starting to suffer from withdrawal! To appease my craving I started browsing around for gluten free cheese recipes. I came across an easy cheese recipe that would make a delicious snack and includes no grains at all. Perfect for dipping in some hot salsa, these cheese crisps were easy to make and very tasty. If you are looking for a gluten free snack, you should definitely give these a try!
Gluten Free Cheese Crisps
- 1 cup shredded Cabot extra sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and spray with non stick spray
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well
- Place small piles of the cheese mixture on the lined cookie sheet. You want about 1 to 2 TBSP in each pile, flatting them down slightly and leaving about 1 inch or so between them.
- Bake approximately 10 minutes. They should be thin, bubbly, and lightly brown.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and let cool 1 to 2 minutes
- Using a wooden spoon handle, gently fold/wrap the cheese crisp into a tube shape
- Place on a paper towel to drain and cool
- Serve with a side of salsa
- (note: the longer you leave them in the oven, the crispier they get when cool!)
What’s YOUR favorite easy cheese recipe?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.