This honey and almond brown sugar scrub recipe is the perfect way to prep legs for shaving. It’s an easy homemade sugar scrub recipe that smells divine!
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Brown Sugar Scrubs For Days!
One of the habits I acquired during our years of poor graduate student life is always hitting the clearance shelves at the grocery store. You might wonder how this plays into my brown sugar scrub recipe but I found a deal I couldn’t pass up.
Marked down to a ridiculously cheap price was a TON of organic brown sugar. Seriously. I picked up a dozen bags of organic brown sugar for about $10. Woo-hoo! Of course, now I’m looking for ways to use brown sugar so it doesn’t go bad!
Sugar scrubs are always a huge hit in my house so I did a little digging and found this honey and almond brown sugar scrub recipe that came out smelling heavenly!
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
Why make homemade sugar scrubs?
Homemade sugar scrubs are a great way to prep your legs before shaving. Since I do a LOT of shaving in the summer, this brown sugar scrub will get a ton of use.
I find that it is particularly helpful to use a sugar scrub on your bikini area if you are prone to shaving rashes like I am. I hate putting on a bathing suit only to show off razor burn!
Like this brown sugar scrub recipe? Try these homemade scrubs, too:
- Easy Candy Cane Sugar Scrub Recipe The exfoliating and moisturizing properties of homemade sugar scrubs help keep skin smooth and silky during the dry winter months.
- Cranberry Sugar Scrub Recipe This Cranberry Sugar Scrub Recipe with Vanilla is an easy way to pamper your skin and use up a few extra cranberries.
- Homemade Shea Butter Scrub with Coffee and Brown Sugar: This homemade shea butter scrub is incredibly rich and moisturizing. It provides gentle exfoliation and leaves skin soft and smooth.
I incorporated actual almonds into the brown sugar scrub recipe rather than just using almond oil alone. The ground nuts make it more exfoliating and that really helps when prepping legs for shaving.
Brown Sugar Scrub with Almonds and Honey
Brown sugar scrubs are the perfect addition to your preshaving routine. Great for exfoliation, improved circulation, and they just smell so darn good! Check out Medical News Today to learn why honey is beneficial for skin.
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons pure sweet almond oil (you can substitute extra virgin olive oil if you like!)
- Food processor
- Small container with lid for storing
- Place almonds into a food processor and process until they form almond meal
- Add the brown sugar, honey and oil
- Mix until combined
- Place in a glass jar with lid
- To use, scrub gently over wet skin. Rinse and pat dry
- Store at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks or refrigerate for longer storage
Love this homemade sugar scrub recipe? You might enjoy this one, too!
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.