Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
If you suffer from chronic pain, restless leg syndrome or insomnia, this magnesium body butter recipe may be just the thing you need. After several years of dealing with chronic pain, I have come to realize that there are a number of ways to tackle it. Lots of exercise, a healthy diet and a few key supplements have done wonders for improving my pain levels. One of the things that has been recommended to me for chronic pain is magnesium. There are a ton of health benefits of magnesium including calming nerves, soothing anxiety, and relief from muscle aches and spasms. This magnesium body butter recipe is by far the most amazing way I have found so far to increase magnesium in my body! Keep reading for the body butter recipe and find a few affiliate links for things you will need for this project.
How to get more magnesium:
You can increase magnesium levels a few different ways.
- Magnesium baths: Typically these use Epsom salts which are NOT a variety of magnesium that is readily absorbed through the skin.
- Magnesium from foods: You can increase your magnesium intake in your diet. This is doable, as long as you know which foods are rich in magnesium. Try eating more of the following foods: Spinach , Chard , Pumpkin seeds , Yogurt or Kefir, Almonds, Black Beans, Avocado, Figs Dark Chocolate and Bananas (my chocolate and banana overnight oats are a great idea!) (my chocolate and banana overnight oats are a great idea!).
- Magnesium Supplements: Probably the easiest method of increasing magnesium intake, however, I find it a bit harsh on my stomach.
- Topical Magnesium: Magnesium oil, lotion or this magnesium body butter recipe will help improve your magnesium intake. Magnesium is actually much better absorbed through the skin than it is through the intestines.
Many people suffer from restless leg syndrome. While there is a ton of research being done on this and no definitive answers, research suggests that magnesium may actually calm restless legs. This magnesium body butter, applied before bed, may help calm restless legs and improve sleep. I added lavender essential oil for an additional boost to the calming effects of this body butter recipe. Keep in mind that this magnesium body butter recipe is VERY rich. It will leave your skin slightly greasy since it is essentially coconut oil and cocoa butter, both of which are greasy. I recommend putting it on right before bed.
You are going to need a few things to get this magnesium body butter just right. Here are a few affiliate links that will help and I certainly appreciate any shopping you do through them!
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
- Double Boiler to melt the cocoa butter and coconut oil
- Magnesium flakes to make your own magnesium oil. You can also buy magnesium oil but it is much more expensive.
- Cocoa butter base for your body butter
- coconut oil also base for the body butter but you can probably find it in the grocery store as well.
- Lavender essential oil (or whatever essential oil you prefer)
Magnesium Body Butter Recipe
Want an even easier way to get more magnesium?
Try this DIY magnesium oil! Just spray on your skin!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.