Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This vegan creamy carrot soup is a simple Meatless Monday meal the whole family will love. Loaded with fresh carrots and flavored with curry powder, you will love the flavor of this homemade carrot soup!
Making Creamy Vegan Soups
It is amazingly easy to reduce the amount of meat you eat if you begin exploring the idea of serving soups, salads and sandwiches for dinner. I have a particular fondness for smooth, rich soups that typically involve heavy cream or half and half, which I usually don’t ever have on hand.
This recipe for carrot soup uses coconut milk instead, which is easy to stock in the pantry for last minute meals. Loaded with Vitamin A from the rich carrots and sautéed onions, this soup is both flavorful and healthy. You can serve it hot as the main course meal, or chilled as an appetizer. Check out my Meatless Monday tips if you want to reduce your intake of animal products. Love this vegan creamy carrot soup and want more carrot recipes? Try my simple maple glazed carrots or make carrot top pesto.
More Vegan Recipes
- Middle Eastern Inspired Pureed Soup Recipe
- Healthy Quinoa Salad Recipe with Spinach and Apricots
- Homemade Hummus Dip Recipe for a Delicious Healthy Lunch!
How To Give Up Dairy
This vegan creamy carrot soup is delicious but you can’t eat it 3 times a day. There are many plant based diary substitutes for both cooking and baking. Giving up dairy isn’t easy, even for a day! I LOVE cheese and real butter. Seriously… I try to choose organic or free range when possible. But, giving up dairy on Meatless Monday is good for your health and that of the planet. So, here are a few tips on how to give up dairy that you may find helpful.
- Make a list of foods that are dairy-based. Know which if your recipes will need to be modified and which ones you may just have to give up completely.
- Go shopping for alternatives. This will be trial and error. Some people like almond milk, others prefer rice, cashew, hemp, or soy.
- Give up dairy products by group. One week, give up cheese. Then, the next week, give up butter.
- Cook for yourself. It is much easier to give up dairy if you are in control of the ingredients.
- Dine out wisely. There are many vegan restaurants around and if you are uncertain, speak with the wait staff or chef.
- Reward yourself occasionally. If you don’t have a true allergy, consider treating yourself for holidays or special occasions.
- Ask for support. Ask your spouse of a close friend to join you on your dairy free diet. Invite them over for a bowl of this vegan creamy carrot soup and show them how delicious dairy free recipes can be!
Creamy Vegan Carrot Soup with Curry and Coconut Milk
This vegan creamy carrot soup is an easy Meatless Monday meal.Full of fresh carrots and curry powder, you will love the flavor of this homemade carrot soup! Nutrition information not always accurate
Vegan Creamy Carrot Soup with Curry and Coconut
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
This vegan creamy carrot soup is an easy Meatless Monday meal.Full of fresh carrots and curry powder, you will love the flavor of this homemade carrot soup!
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.