Since hubby and I don’t get out very often for a date night, we like to create date nights at home whenever we can. This usually involves a few very simple things…good wine, yummy appetizers and something enjoyable to watch together on TV. Hey, we are simple creatures and it works! So, for this week’s date night we enjoyed a baked brie along with our drinks and entertainment. I used a smaller wheel of brie than the recipe called for since it was only the 2 of us and cut the topping ingredients in half. It was yummy and made great leftovers…just warm it up 30 to 45 seconds in the microwave!
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
- 1 (14 ounce) round Brie cheese
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups real maple syrup
- 1/8 cup Bourbon
- bagel chips or French baguette, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. Place the wheel of Brie cheese into a baking dish.
- In a glass bowl, mix nuts, maple syrup and bourbon. Pour over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese warms and softens, about 15 minutes. Serve cheese with slices of baguette or bagel chips
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.