Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Looking for filling fresh corn recipes? Make this Sausage, Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe! I you are looking for a creamy soup recipe, this one takes less than 30 minutes and one pot to make.
Fresh Corn Chowder is Perfect For Chilly Nights!
This sausage, corn and potato chowder recipe is creamy, flavorful and has just the right amount of kick to it. After a week of cold, wet London weather, I am finally back in Atlanta.
And what are we expecting for the next few days? More cold, wet weather! With a hint of snow coming tonight and temperatures heading below freezing, I decided last night that I was in the mood for a warm and spicy soup.
Soup is one of my favorite meals during the winter. Add a hint of cayenne pepper to it and it will warm you up from the inside out. Doesn’t this look absolutely delicious?
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
What is the best sausage for homemade chowder?
I chose to use a super hot, spicy Metwurst that we had bought for Oktoberfest and had in the freezer. Since it was super spicy already, I didn’t add any additional cayenne pepper.
If you use a milder sausage like kielbasa, though, I definitely recommend adding the cayenne pepper to heat things up a bit. This potato chowder recipe was a big hit with the whole family and required only one pot to make.
Like this easy chowder recipe? Try some of these soup recipes, too:
- Italian Bell Pepper Soup Recipe This Italian bell pepper soup recipe is basically a spinoff of stuffed pepper soup. It’s made with pasta instead of rice and loaded with red, yellow, and orange bell peppers.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe Broccoli and cheddar go brilliantly together and this is an easy one pot meal that is nice and filling.
- Spicy Lemongrass Soup This Spicy Lemongrass Soup is a perfect way to fight a cold naturally because it contains some serious cold fighting ingredients.
I love meals that are easy to clean up! At less than 30 minutes from start to finish, this makes an easy and delicious weeknight meal.
Sausage, Corn, and Potato Chowder Recipe
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups corn kernels from 2 ears (or canned)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 pound of sausage, sliced thin
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and cook until done. Remove from pot.
- Add in the chopped onion and saute 3 to 4 minutes
- Add the chopped potato and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add in corn and heat through.
- Using an immersion blender, slightly puree the soup. I left mine fairly chunky but you can puree it completely if you prefer.
- Add the can of evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Stir and heat until combined and warm.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and sausage. Stir until cheese is melted.
- Add salt, cayenne and black pepper to taste and stir in the parsley.
- Place soup in bowls and top with additional cheddar cheese and parsley if desired.
Love this easy soup recipe? Pin for later!
Want more soup recipes? Try this one!
Easy Homemade Tomato Soup Recipe with Grilled Cheese Croutons
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.