I am sadly reaching the end of my blackberry harvest. The hot temperatures and minimal rainfall have pretty much ended the berry production on my plants. I am happy to have harvested several good sized bowl fulls to put on cereal or just eat by the handful. I had a few handfuls left of the last batch and was looking for something creative to do with them. I decided to put together a whipped honey butter and incorporate the blackberries into it. Honey butter is a huge treat when I go to restaurants…I slather it on rolls and would lick the bowl clean if I thought I could get away with it in public! Make sure your butter is very soft before you start this process or you won’t get a light, whipped, and airy texture to your honey butter. Use this on bagels, biscuits, waffles, or whatever other bread you have lying around. I brought home a bunch of croissants and between the four of us we managed to put away quite a feast! I made this honey butter recipe using two sticks of butter. If you want you could easily cut the recipe in half. The amount of honey is also flexible….adjust to your own desired sweetness!
Whipped Blackberry Honey Butter
Yields 2 cups
Quick and easy honey butter recipe that is lightly sweet and very pretty!
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 4 to 6 TBSP honey (more or less, depending on desired sweetness)
- Place blackberries in a bowl and lightly mash with fork. You want them smooshed but not liquidy
- Into a large bowl place the butter, honey and smashed blackberries.
- Beat on high with an electric or stand mixer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place into container and use immediately or store in refrigerator for later use.
Love Blackberries? You might also like these sugar cookie bars with blackberry frosting!