With Valentines day fast approaching I have started trying out some new recipes much to my family’s delight! I love mousse but a lot of the recipes I find for it contain all sorts of artificial stuff that I don’t like to buy. I found a this Strawberry Mousse recipe on Food.com and was impressed with how simple the ingredients were. Putting the mousse and fruit in a decorative glass like a wine glass or margarita glass makes this Valentines Day recipe not only tasty but pretty as well! You could also make this mousse with raspberries if you prefer. I bet using blackberries would work, too, but then you would be left with a purple mousse instead of pink but probably equally tasty.
Valentines Day Recipe: Strawberry Mousse
- 1 lb ripe strawberry, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier (or orange juice if you prefer)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- Place half the strawberries in a bowl and sprinkle with the granulated sugar and Grand Marnier
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Puree the remaining strawberries together with the confectioners’ sugar in a blender.
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks.
- Reserve a quarter of the whipped cream for garnish and refrigerate.
- Carefully fold the remaining cream into the pureed strawberries.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries in 4 wine or martini glasses, reserving a few strawberry slices for garnish.
- Fill the glasses with the strawberry cream, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a few hours.
- Top each glass of mousse with some reserved whipped cream and decorate with the remaining sliced strawberries.
Do you have a favorite Valentines Day recipe that you make every year?
Check out the recipe linky below if you need more inspiration!