Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These tips to help improve your morning routine were inspired by a product I received at no charge to review but all opinions expressed are my own.
Our morning routine is a bit chaotic in this house. Kids, pets, lunches, chores, and so many other things need tending to that it is definitely not one of my favorite times of the day. It also starts WAY too early and I am not a happy camper at 5 AM. In spite of my crankiness I try and incorporate a few things into my morning routine that will make my day go a little smoother and help keep me healthy and happy. Mornings when I am stressed out and sick are a thousand times worse, so I really need to stay healthy if I am going to maintain what little sanity I have left! If your morning routine could use a bit of a jump start, here are a few things you should do every day!
5 Things to Include in Your Morning Routine
1. Take 15 minutes to stretch: While this might seem like precious time that you just can’t spare in the morning, taking 15 minutes for a full body stretching routine will help kick start your metabolism. It will also go a long way to preventing some injuries as well. Staying limber is hard to do as we cross over the line into middle aged! Okay, so maybe it’s just me?
2. Fuel and hydrate: It may seem like a crazy combination but a large glass of water, an apple and a probiotic supplement are a great way to start the day. The combination of fluid and fiber helps you feel full and curbs your appetite. Along with the probiotic, the water and fiber also keep the digestive track happy and no one’s morning routine goes well if they have an upset stomach! If you don’t care for plain water, try squeezing some fresh lemon juice into it. Some people also swear by a spoonful of apple cider vinegar in your water but I have yet to try this. Not sure how I feel about vinegar in the morning.
3. Take Your Vitamins: No matter how healthy we eat, our foods are nowhere near as nutritious as they were 100 years ago, even if you eat organic produce. Taking your vitamins as part of your morning routine will help supply those vital nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy. A general multivitamin is usually all that is needed but talk to your doctor about any deficiencies you might have. I am also a big fan of herbal supplements but you should do your research to find ones that work for your particular body and the issues you are dealing with.
4. Take a moment to reflect: Whether you say a short prayer, go out to the garden and pick veggies, pet the dog, or hug and kiss your kids, everyone should set aside 5 minutes in the morning to be thankful for the things they have been given. It is easy to let the stress of every day life cloud our vision but if we add just a few minutes into our morning routine to remember the good in our lives it will set the tone for the entire day.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
5. Pamper your skin: Your morning routine should include washing, exfoliating and moisturizing to help maintain clear and young looking skin. Choosing natural products like Derma Earth or making homemade body scrubs are great ways to reduce your exposure to harmful chemicals that are found in some traditional skin care products. Exfoliating regularly as part of your morning routine is also a great way to boost circulation!
The Derma Earth products I received to try out were very gentle on my skin and I loved the light, fresh scent. The SugarBerry Skin Resurfacing Cleanser created a rich, thick lather and the Peptidal Cell Activating Serum and EnLighten Cell Brightening Serum both absorbed quickly without leaving a sticky feeling behind on my face. These products are Paraben Free, Sulfate Free and no added colors or fragrances. They use a proprietary blend of natural ingredients and amino acids to help you look your best, naturally. I have very sensitive skin and after using these products during my morning routine my skin felt fresh, clean and smooth. If you are looking to add a few natural skincare products into your morning routine I think you will be very happy with these.
What part of your morning routine keeps you happy and healthy?
Disclaimer: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”: I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone. Some of the links in this post may be “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.