When my husband was a kid, his mother used to make tiny little cherry cheesecakes for the kids all the time. She used vanilla wafers for a crust, made a simple cheesecake filling, and when it was finished baking she would top them with cherry pie filling. When we got married he told me it was his all time favorite dessert recipe and I made sure I got the directions from his mom! When our Foodbloggers Challenge group decided that this week’s secret ingredient should be limes, I decided to see what I could do to create a simple lime cheesecake recipe to help him feel better after his hernia surgery yesterday. Making a full sized cheesecake can be tough….I find that they always crack on top and never turn out as pretty as the ones I see online. These little bite sized cheesecakes are much easier to make! Instead of grabbing store bought whipped topping in a can, try this easy recipe for homemade lime whipped cream for a topping. Just heavy cream, powdered sugar and lime zest will make your cheesecake recipe a HUGE hit with friends and family! This recipe will make approximately 16 little cheesecakes so you can half or double depending on how many you want to make.
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
Lime Cheesecake Recipe with Homemade Lime Whipped Cream
- For the Crust
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- For the Cheesecake
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar (or more/less depending on taste)
- 2 TBSP lime zest
- For Garnish
- Lime slices, if desired
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Put muffin cups into muffin tins and spray lightly with non stick spray
- To make the crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Mix until well blended. Place 2 TBSP crumb mixture in each muffin cup and press down lightly with the back of a teaspoon.
- To make the filling: Place softened cream cheese and sugar in mixer bowl and beat on high until smooth and creamy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs, lime juice, lime zest and vanilla. Beat 2 to 3 minutes more until well mixed.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way with the cheesecake mixture
- Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until cheesecakes are puffed up and almost completely set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on wire racks.
- Make the whipped cream: In a large mixing bowl, combine heavy cream, sugar and lime zest. Beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- Top cheesecake with whipped cream right before serving and garnish with additional lime slices if desired
WEEKLY FOOD BLOGGER CHALLENGE: LIMES!
Weekly challenge to push the creativity of food bloggers. Create an original recipe each week to accomodate the weeks ingredient. If you are a blogger that is interested in linking up your themed recipe, please join the Facebook group to learn how.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.