This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Allwell Medicare. All opinions are 100% mine.
I spent 15 years working in a large, retail pharmacy. We got several phone calls every week asking about health insurance and prescription coverage. And when open enrollment rolled around, we got 10 times that many calls! Open enrollment runs from October 15 to December 7. It is during that time when people begin purchasing health insurance for the following year. And if you (or your loved ones) are on Medicare, you may have several questions about the best Medicare plans for your personal needs.
If you are struggling to find the right Medicare health care insurance, Allwell wants to help! I will share a few tips for purchasing Medicare insurance, as well as great info about Allwell Medicare that you may need to know as you navigate open enrollment.
Medicare Annual Enrollment Period
Navigating your Medicare insurance shouldn’t be so difficult, but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming. Here are a few basic things to keep in mind as you search for the best insurance plan:
- There are only certain times of the year when you can make changes to your Medicare coverage. For Medicare Advantage, there’s an Annual Election Period (AEP) when you can sign up for, change, or dis-enroll from plans.
- If you’re unhappy with your current Medicare plan or want to look at other options, open enrollment is the time to do that. Medicare Annual Enrollment Period runs from October 15 to December 7 every year.
- If you didn’t sign up for a plan when you first became eligible for Medicare (during your Initial Enrollment Period), the AEP is generally your chance to make these changes, unless you qualify for a Special Election Period (SEP).
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
What is Allwell Medicare?
Allwell is a new Medicare product that is focused on being simple, helpful and local. They provide friendly service at a local level and are simplifying the healthcare experience to make it easier to manage your coverage. I have helped answer many questions over the years for people who didn’t understand their Medicare insurance plans. Sometimes, you just need a helpful ear to listen and some down to earth advice. Allwell can help with this! Allwell Medicare Advantage plans provide:
- Affordable healthcare coverage
- Benefits you need to take good care of yourself
- Access to doctors, nurses and specialists who work together to help you feel your best
- Coverage for prescription drugs
- Extra benefits that aren’t covered by Medicare Part A or Part B (Original Medicare)
Good Health Needs Good Health Insurance
Of course, staying fit as you get older and eating right are the first steps to good health. However, your health is affected by a lot more than just food and exercise. Sometimes, luck, genetics, and stress also play a huge part. In order to maintain good health, you need access to medical care so that small problems don’t get out of control. Without health insurance, good health is very difficult to maintain.
Remember, the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period starts on October 15 and runs through December 7. I encourage you to check out Allwell if you are looking for a simple, helpful, and local healthcare experience. Visit Allwell’s Facebook Page or head to the Allwell Medicare website for more information.
Have YOU started researching health insurance options yet?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.