This molten chocolate cake recipe is a decadent chocolate dessert for Valentine’s Day or any day that just needs chocolate. Made with red wine and raspberries, it has a lightly fruity flavor along with the rich chocolate.
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
You Seriously Deserve Chocolate Desserts!
I have a horrible sweet tooth and the hardest part about the whole ‘healthy eating’ thing for me is giving up dessert. Most days when dinner is done, I just push away from the table and skip the after dinner sweets.
But, Valentine’s Day is coming up and don’t we all deserve a little something sweet on this delicious holiday? And when I decide that I am going to splurge on dessert, it isn’t going to be some boring, store bought cookie.
Oh, no! I am going to go all out and enjoy something a little bit decadent like the molten chocolate cake I made yesterday! And hey, it has chocolate AND red wine it…that makes it totally healthy, right?
How do you make molten chocolate cake?
This molten chocolate cake recipe literally took me 30 minutes to make and it is all assembled in one pot so cleanup is incredibly easy. The addition of red wine to the recipe gives the chocolate just a touch of ‘fruitiness’ to it which is made even sweeter by the addition of raspberries on top.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
I definitely recommend serving this molten chocolate cake recipe right from the oven so it is still warm and gooey. If you have to let it sit, reheat it for 30 seconds or so in the microwave before eating. The inside is like an undercooked brownie and I wanted to lick the bowl clean after I was finished with it!
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
This easy chocolate dessert recipe is made with simple ingredients, which I love. Here’s how to make molten lava cakes with a rich, chocolate flavor. And if you love chocolate, check out my Kahlua truffles recipe!
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 TBSP red wine
- 1 1/2 TBSP flour
- Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Raspberries for garnish
- Butter 6 four ounce ramekins and place in an empty 13 x 9 inch pan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Boil a kettle of water and keep hot
- Into a medium sauce pan, place butter and chocolate
- Melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally
- When melted, remove from heat and whisk in sugar and salt. Sitr until combined and sugar is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes
- Whisk in the eggs for 1 minute until smooth
- Add the red wine and whisk until combined
- Sprinkle the flour on top and whisk until combined
- Pour evenly into the buttered ramekins
- Carefully pour the hot water into the pan until the ramekins are half way submerged
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until top is dry and center is set
- Remove from oven and place ramekins on cooling rack for 2 to 3 minutes
- Serve warm garnished with confectioners sugar and raspberries if desired
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 133mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 2gSugar: 57gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.