Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post about Natural Skin Care Tips has been sponsored but all opinions expressed here are my own.
I was recently going through some of my photos and I was shocked at how young my husband and I looked in them. Even photos that were taken just 5 years ago show off a person that is much thinner and younger looking than I am right now. There is something about the magic number *40* that just signifies the downhill slide into ‘not quite so young any more’! Since I don’t see myself getting facelifts and collagen injections any time soon, I am looking for some natural skin care tips to help my skin stay radiant for as long as possible. When Nurture My Body reached out to try a few of their natural skin care products, I was thrilled to work with them. If you are as concerned about aging skin as I am but prefer to combat it naturally, here are a few natural skin care tips that might come in handy.
Natural Skin Care Tips for Radiant Skin after 40
1. Improve your diet: The old saying that you are what you eat really is true. The best thing you can do for your skin is to eat a healthy diet, loaded with a variety of natural foods. Strive to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegetables every single day. Drink plenty of water and take a multivitamin. Eat a diet that is rich in the ‘healthy fats’ like nuts, seeds, flax, avocados and salmon. You will not only feel better but your skin will thank you as well!
2. Exfoliate regularly: Natural skin care starts with removing dead skin cells and a light exfoliating scrub can really help aging skin. Exfoliation eliminates dead skin cells and allows the skin to detoxify. It is also said to improve circulation and reduce puffiness. Nurture My Body Organic Exfoliating Cleanser is particularly good at improving skin health for us ‘mid lifers’ because it also contains organic rosebud to stimulate new cell growth and organic chamomile to calm the skin.
3. Monitor Sun Exposure: Sun can really do a lot of damage to your skin so this is probably one of the most important natural skin care tips I can offer. To protect again sun exposure, try wearing a wide brimmed hat or making sure to pick a chair in the shade whenever possible. If you absolutely must go out when the sun is high in the sky, choose a natural sun screen and apply every couple of hours.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
4. Choose the right moisturizer: You may think you don’t need a moisturizer but most likely, you really do. Choosing the RIGHT moisturizer is important for all skin types. Aging skin needs a moisturizer loaded with antioxidants to combat the signs of aging. Vitamin C is the only antioxidant clinically proven to stimulate collagen production which reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Look for a moisturizer with natural ingredients that contains Vitamin C like Nurture My Body Vita C Repair Cream.
5. Practice a regular cleansing routine: I know our lives are chaotic. We are busy and some days we barely find time to feed ourselves, much less wash our face. However, a regular routine of cleanse, exfoliate, tone and moisturize will go a long way towards improving skin health. Don’t go to bed without washing your face and wake up a few minutes early to make time in your day for proper skin care. Make your skin a priority and you will really see great results! It wasn’t too hard to convince myself to wake up early when I knew I could indulge in a shower with Nurture My Body Ginger Body Wash! It helps improve the skin’s elasticity and maintains its’ natural pH balance. Remember, it isn’t just your FACE that you should be pampering. Your body has a whole lot of skin to nurture!
Nurture My Body uses only the best ingredients and all products are made in small batches to ensure the highest quality. They offer beauty products that are made with certified organic ingredients, not tested on animals, phthalate-free, Vegan safe, gluten free choices, either glass or BPA-free plastic bottles, packaged with eco-friendly materials and all handmade in the USA. I particularly love that their ingredients are wildcrafted and their products are all biodegradable. These are products that you can truly feel good about putting on your skin!
Let me just say that I honestly loved the three products I tried out from Nurture My Body. The aroma of the Ginger Body Wash was absolutely to die for and I think I just wanted to keep right on washing and stay in the shower! The exfoliating cleanser had just the right amount of ‘scrub’ to it and the Vitamin C repair cream was light and absorbed right into my skin without feeling greasy. Overall, a wonderful set of products!
Nurture My Body Natural Skin Care Giveaway
Nurture My Body would like to provide one of my readers with the three products featured here in my post. Enter using the widget below for a chance to win Organic Exfoliating Cleanser, Vita C Repair Cream, and Ginger Body Wash. These are all wonderful natural skin care products for your daily routine.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.