This pampering ideas article is a guest post from Ellen at Confessions of an Overworked Mom. I hope you enjoy learning about how she finds time to pamper herself naturally!
As a busy mom, pampering ideas are something that I rely on regularly at the end of a long day. After dealing with work, kids, husband, house, and animals, I need a little bit of relaxation to regain my focus. It seems as though many of the pampering ideas that I find in stores aren’t really very eco-friendly. I have come up with a few pampering ideas that I use regularly when I feel my stress level rising.
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Grab a cup of chamomile tea. Chamomile is known for its relaxing properties and one of my favorite ways to enjoy it is in tea. Make sure that the chamomile tea you enjoy is organic whenever possible. Find a nice quiet spot to enjoy your tea, close your eyes and let the stress slip away.
- Go for a walk. Sometimes fifteen minutes in the fresh air does wonders to chase your worries away. Enjoy the blue sky, stop to smell the flowers and focus on the moment.
- Essential Oils in the Shower. Start your day off on the right food by adding a few drops of lavender essential oil to your shower. Simply add a drop or two to a wash cloth and set the cloth where the water will land. Lavender is a scent many people turn to for relaxation. Just be careful not to slip.
- Light a candle. Beeswax candles are an eco-friendly choice that contain no harmful chemicals. If you choose to use scented beeswax candles, make sure that they are scented with essential oils and not fragrance oils.
- Love your pets. Studies have shown that having a pet can help improve your mood. Take a few minutes to play with your dog or curl up in your chair and pet your cat the next time you feel stressed out.
- Indulge. Indulge yourself in a few pampering body products. Just avoid things like parabens and artificial fragrances when you make your choices.
- Fresh fruit. Nothing tastes better than a bowl of fresh fruit. Enjoy some of your favorites for breakfast or a mid day snack. For a real treat, enjoy yours dipped in fresh, organic whipped cream.
No matter which of these pampering ideas you choose, the next time you feel your stress level rising, don’t feel guilty about focusing on yourself for a while. Sometimes all that we need is a little bit of time to ourselves.
You can find more articles from Ellen on Confessions of an Overworked Mom.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.
2 thoughts on “Pampering Ideas that are Eco-friendly”
Love these ideas, thanks for sharing. I wanted to let you know I shared this post on my Weekend Wanderings post today.
thanks for sharing!