Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You’ve heard it a million times, right? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It is so very true and this pistachio granola recipe will make that meal delicious and nutritious! You have been fasting for like 10 HOURS! That is a long time to go without food or liquid. You need to get up in the morning and eat breakfast…and that should include more than the milk and sugar you throw in your cup of coffee.
Breakfast fuels our minds and our bodies for the crazy day we have ahead. But, you think you don’t have TIME for a healthy breakfast, right? WRONG! If this pistachio granola recipe isn’t quite your thing, then check out my easy cinnamon raisin muffin recipe or some maple and brown sugar overnight oats. Just make sure you fuel your body when you wake up in the morning! Love pistachios? Try my salmon with pistachio crust and a sweet and spicy apricot glaze.
Adding more nuts to your diet is a great way to boost your protein intake without adding in more meat to your diet. You can skip the bacon or sausage in the morning and instead, pour yourself a bowl of granola loaded with nuts. If you want to skip the animal products completely, use almond milk or whatever your favorite non dairy milk happens to be. Check out these nut cookbooks for more inspiration!
Pistachio Granola Recipe
National Pistachio Day is February 26th. Yes, pistachios are so tasty and delicious they even get their own day! These yummy little nuts are good for your heart thanks to their high level of phytosterols. They also contain about 90 percent unsaturated fat (the good kind of fat) and are loaded with antioxidants. All in all, this pistachio granola recipe makes a healthy breakfast recipe that you can make up on the weekend and enjoy all week.
- 4 cups oatmeal (not quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit of your choice ( I used cherries and golden raisins)
- Combine the oats, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and coconut in a large bowl
- Heat maple syrup, olive oil and brown sugar in a small pan over medium heat until the sugar melts
- Pour sugar mixture over the dried ingredients. Mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Dump the mixture onto a cookie sheet (with raised edges) covered in parchment paper
- Spread evenly and bake at 300 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until lightly brown
- Remove from oven and mix in the dried fruit
- Let cool completely and store in airtight container
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4222Total Fat: 232gSaturated Fat: 64gSodium: 873mgCarbohydrates: 463gSugar: 383gProtein: 81g
Like this Pistachio Granola Recipe? Pin it for later!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.