Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ingredients for this marmalade cake
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Butter, melted
- White sugar
- Whole milk
- Lemon extract
- Chopped walnuts
- Orange marmalade
- Top with Easy Lemon Icing made with powdered sugar, milk, and lemon extract
How to make marmalade cake
To make this simple cake recipe, combine your dry ingredients in a bowl. Lightly mix the flour, baking powder salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and set aside.
In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk and lemon extract. Once it is smooth and completely combined, gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
The last step in making your homemade cake is to stir in the marmalade and walnuts just until they are evenly mixed in. Pour the batter in a 13 by 9 inch pan that has been lightly greased. You want to bake the cake for 45 minutes to an hour until it lightly springs back when touched.
Make sure to cool your cake completely before serving. RIGHT before you serve your cake, top it with your homemade lemon icing if desired. Directions on how to make this icing for this Orange Marmalade Cake Recipe are in the recipe card below.
Marmalade Cake Recipe with Lemon Icing
There are many ways to make marmalade cakes but this one is simple and delicious. Light hints of citrus from the orange marmalade pairs well with the warm flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg. A simple and delicious cake recipe to make again and again.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
More cake recipes to try:
- Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe with Yogurt and Cranberries: Pair the tangy flavors of cranberry and yogurt with the sweet flavor of an easy vanilla cake recipe.
- Molten Chocolate Cake Recipe A decadent and incredibly easy molten chocolate cake recipe with hints of fruitiness from the red wine.
- Easy Homemade Pound Cake Recipe Learn how to make this easy pound cake from scratch and then top with your favorite seasonal fruit and homemade whipped cream!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Easy Lemon Icing Ingredients
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 TBSP milk (to desired consistency)
- 1/4 tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, melted butter, eggs, milk and lemon extract.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture, mix until well blended.
- Finally, stir in the walnuts and marmalade.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool completely before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 203mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.