1/3 cup shredded coconut meat
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 pound sea scallop
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
1/4 teaspoon lemon grass
1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg.
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
2. In another bowl, combine the coconut, bread crumbs, lemon grass, salt and pepper.
3. Dip scallops in egg, then roll in coconut mixture.
4. In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat
5. Add scallops; cook for 4-5 minutes or until scallops are opaque and coating is golden brown, turning once.
6. Drizzle with fresh lime juice right before eating.
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.