I love Mexican food and am particularly partial to meats, veggies, cheese, etc all wrapped up in a tasty flour tortilla. Since I am trying to eat gluten free, tortillas are a huge no no. The other day I was drooling over an omelette recipe and realized that the egg part of it looked remarkably like my beloved flour tortilla. Since I had shrimp and a few other fajita ingredients I decided to see if I could create an omelette recipe that would remind me of a shrimp fajita. I was pleasantly surprised with the results! Served with a side of salsa, sour cream or guacamole and this shrimp fajita omelette recipe sort of helped cure my craving for Mexican food this week. Now, if I could just figure out how to make gluten free churos I’d be all set!
Shrimp Fajita Omelette Recipe
Delicious blend of flavors for a very filling meal.
15 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 2 TBPS olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole to serve
- In a large cast iron pan over medium heat saute peppers and onion in olive oil until wilted.
- Add the cooked shrimp and fajita seasoning. Saute 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp is heated through. Remove mixture to a plate and return pan to heat.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs and water together.
- Add 1/2 the mixture to the pan and let cook until lightly brown and firm on top.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the omelette and cook until other side is almost done.
- Put half of the shrimp/veggie mix along one side of the omelette and top with cheese.
- Fold omelette over the stuffing and slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture and shrimp/vegetables.
- Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream or guacamole
Need more quick suppers? Check out these other great #15MinuteSuppers!
Veggie Fried Rice from Around My Family Table
Gyro-style Greek Wraps from Better in Bulk
Mandarin Orange Chicken from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
15 Minute Tortellini Soup with Tomato & Peppers from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
Tortilla Crusted Tilapia from Lizzie Jane Baby
Tuna Burgers from Just 2 Sisters
Spicy Pepperoni Pizza Cups from Sweeties Freebies
Steak and Brussel Sprouts Stirfry from Jen’s Journey
Buttery Thyme Noodles from A Nation of Moms
Shrimp Fajita Omelette from Turning the Clock Back
Head over to our #15MinuteSuppers Pinterest Board to see all the past recipes and more delicious goodness!
Would you like to join us at #15MinuteSuppers? We’d love to have you! Please check out the 15 Minute Suppers website or ask to join the Facebook group to participate on Fridays…we’d love to have you join us.
Start cooking your own 15 minute suppers with the help of this beautiful Le Creuset Dutch Oven. This is a giveaway tools contest so please follow the directions in the form below to enter!