Looking for an easy dinner recipe? This quick shrimp fajita omelette is delicious! Loads of bell peppers, onion, and shrimp seasoned with fajita seasoning and cheese. Stuff it all inside a simple omelette recipe and enjoy!
This Mexican Omelette is Delicious!
I love Mexican food and am particularly partial to meats, veggies, cheese, etc all wrapped up in a tasty flour tortilla. Since I am trying to eat gluten-free, tortillas are a huge no-no. The other day I was drooling over an omelette recipe and realized that the egg part of it looked remarkably like my beloved flour tortilla.
Love this Shrimp Fajita Omelette Recipe? Try these shrimp recipes, too:
- Blackened Shrimp Bowl Recipe with Corn Salsa: ! This blackened shrimp bowl recipe is loaded with flavor and is a delicious dinner recipe that is as pretty as it is tasty.
- Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe with Cajun Lime Dressing: This is a healthy shrimp salad recipe with loads of flavor.
- Grilled Shrimp with Cheddar Grits: These Grilled Shrimp with Cheddar Grits are an easy grilling recipe for Southern food lovers.
Since I had shrimp and a few other fajita ingredients I decided to see if I could create an omelette recipe that would remind me of a shrimp fajita. I was pleasantly surprised with the results! Served with a side of salsa sour cream or homemade guacamole and this shrimp fajita omelette recipe sort of helped cure my craving for Mexican food this week.
Now, if I could just figure out how to make gluten free churos I’d be all set!
Shrimp Fajita Omelette Recipe
This egg-wrapped fajita is an easy and healthy gluten free dinner recipe. If you are looking for more egg recipes, try my Thai egg soup!
- 2 TBPS olive oil
- 1/2 bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 small onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole to serve
- In a large cast iron pan over medium heat saute peppers and onion in olive oil until wilted.
- Add the cooked shrimp and fajita seasoning. Saute 3 to 4 minutes until shrimp is heated through. Remove mixture to a plate and return pan to heat.
- In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs and water together.
- Add 1/2 the mixture to the pan and let cook until lightly brown and firm on top.
- Using a spatula, gently flip the omelette and cook until other side is almost done.
- Put half of the shrimp/veggie mix along one side of the omelette and top with cheese.
- Fold omelette over the stuffing and slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with remaining egg mixture and shrimp/vegetables.
- Serve with a side of salsa, sour cream or guacamole
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 684Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 895mgSodium: 2172mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 60g
Nutrition Information Not Always Accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.