Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Last week I wrote a post about how to extract aloe from an aloe vera plant. It wasn’t hard…just a tad slimy and time consuming. Now that I know I can do it, I wanted to find other uses for aloe vera. Aloe vera gel has always been my go to solution to a kitchen burn or bug bite but what else can I use this stuff for? If you have an aloe plant at home and want to learn a few other uses for aloe vera gel, here are a few suggestions:
Uses for Aloe Vera Gel
- Use it in a sugar scrub for your feet: I love making homemade sugar scrubs so I cant want to try this one. Combine 2 TBSP aloe vera gel, 2 TBSP sugar, and a tsp of lemon juice. Scrub your heels and other rough foot spots to smooth your feet. Aloe is supposedly a good treatment for Athlete’s Foot.
- Use it as a hair treatment: Aloe will help cut back on dandruff and make your hair smoother. Apply to freshly shampooed hair and work into scalp. Let sit a few minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Acne treatment: Rub a small amount of aloe vera gel on a pimple to alleviate redness and speed healing.
- Homemade mouthwash: Combine 1 cup aloe vera juice, ½ cup distilled water, 2 teaspoons baking soda, and 10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Swish this in your mouth for a few minutes and spit out. DO NOT SWALLOW!
- Eye care: Refrigerate your aloe vera gel. Soak a cotton ball in it and lay it on your closed eyelids. This will help reduce puffiness and sooth tired eyes. You can also use aloe vera gel as a natural makeup remover.
- Make an aloe-based natural hand sanitizer: The aloe in the hand sanitizer will help keep your hands from drying out due to the alcohol.
- Create a natural shaving cream: Aloe vera gel is antibacterial, which is great for small nicks. It is also slippery, giving you a nice close shave; and it moisturizes your skin, too.
- Strengthen Nails: Massage aloe vera gel on your nails every day for a few weeks to improve and strengthen nails.
- Use it internally for better health (but use caution!): There are many medicinal uses for aloe vera gel. Use caution and consult your physician before adding aloe vera gel to your diet.
- Personal Lubricant: According to the research I did on uses for aloe vera gel, you can use it as a personal lubricant during sex. It keeps things slippery and soothes tender tissues. I have zero personal experience with this and have no idea if it is condom compatible but just thought I would share!
Have any other uses for aloe vera gel to share?
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.