This roasted corn salad recipe was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I am starting to turn my taste buds to the flavors of Mexican cuisine. Tacos and burritos are delicious but there is SO much more to the flavors of Mexico than that! When I am looking to add some lighter foods into my fiesta menu, salads are a great option. However, you don’t want a standard side salad or olive loaded Greek salad to go with your margarita, right? Did you ever consider adding corn to your salad? When I was asked to partner with Sunshine Sweet Corn, I was excited to see that they offered a number of recipes that had a touch of fiesta flare to them!
You might think that it is too early to find fresh corn in the grocery store but it isn’t! When we were down in Florida last week, we saw hundreds of acres of fresh produce that was already being harvested. Full sized zucchini and squash, tons of red tomatoes and plenty of fresh corn! Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown in Florida and you don’t have to wait until summer to enjoy it.
Sunshine Sweet Corn is non-GMO, extra tender and incredibly sweet. It is the perfect choice for your spring salads. The smokiness of the chili powder and tangy bit of the lime juice are a delicious combination of flavors. Looking for an easy salad recipe to add to your fiesta menu or Taco Tuesday? This one is the perfect choice.
Roasting corn is an incredibly easy way to cook it. Just brush the ears with your lime juice and chili powder mixture. The seasoning clings to the kernels of corn. Cutting the corn off the cob is easy once the ears have cooled. Make sure you leave plenty of time. Holding on to hot ears of corn isn’t easy!
Sunshine Sweet Corn is readily available right now in your local grocery stores. I found a great deal on it at Kroger and we will be eating fresh corn in salads, fritters, and an assortment of other recipes for the next few days. It was deliciously sweet and crunchy and my whole family loves it. If you want to find out more about Sunshine Sweet Corn, you can check them out at the links below.
- Visit Sunshine Sweet Corn on Pinterest
- Follow Sunshine Sweet Corn on Twitter
- Like Sunshine Sweet Corn on Facebook
- Check out Sunshine Sweet Corn on Instagram
Chili and Lime Roasted Corn Salad
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- 2 fully ripened Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- Spicy Salad Dressing, recipe follows
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
- Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
- Add ¼ cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently.
- Cut two or three ¼-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels. Garnish with reserved corn rounds.
- Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
- Spicy Salad Dressing
- To ½ cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1⁄8 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (cayenne).
Like this roasted corn salad recipe? Pin it for later!