This roasted corn salad recipe was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This Corn, Tomato, & Avocado Salad with Chicken is loaded with spicy Tex-Mex flavors. Combines summer produce like roasted corn, juicy tomatoes, creamy avocado, and toss them with fresh greens. This is a healthy salad recipe that just screams summer! Spicy chili and tangy lime are a delicious flavor combination!
Table of Contents
Roasted Corn is the Perfect Cinco De Mayo Recipe!
With Cinco de Mayo coming up, I am starting to turn my taste buds to the flavors of Mexican cuisine. Tacos and burritos are delicious but there is SO much more to the flavors of Mexico than that!
When I am looking to add some lighter foods into my fiesta menu, salads are a great option. However, you don’t want a standard side salad or olive loaded Greek salad to go with your margarita, right?
Did you ever consider adding corn to your salad? When I was asked to partner with Sunshine Sweet Corn, I was excited to see that they offered a number of recipes that had a touch of fiesta flare to them!
Corn on the Cob vs Canned Corn
Should you use corn on the cob or canned corn for this Roasted Corn Salad? I prefer corn on the cob whenever possible. You might think that it is too early to find fresh corn in the grocery store but it isn’t!
When we were down in Florida last week, we saw hundreds of acres of fresh produce that was already being harvested. Full sized zucchini and squash, tons of red tomatoes and plenty of fresh corn! Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown in Florida and you don’t have to wait until summer to enjoy it.
Sunshine Sweet Corn is non-GMO, extra tender and incredibly sweet. It is the perfect choice for your spring salads. The smokiness of the chili powder and tangy bit of the lime juice are a delicious combination of flavors. Looking for an easy salad recipe to add to your fiesta menu or Taco Tuesday? This one is the perfect choice.
Like this roasted corn salad? Try these corn recipes, too!
- Blackened Shrimp Bowl Recipe with Corn Salsa Loaded with bell peppers, corn salsa, spicy shrimp, and rice, it is a filling seafood recipe that makes your taste buds happy!
- Sausage, Corn and Potato Chowder Recipe This sausage, corn and potato chowder recipe is creamy, flavorful and has just the right amount of kick to it.
- Easy Mexican Corn Dip Recipe This Mexican Corn Dip recipe has an incredibly fresh taste and it would make a great dip to serve your guests this summer.
How to roast corn on the cob
Roasting corn is an incredibly easy way to cook it. Just brush the ears with your lime juice and chili powder mixture. The seasoning clings to the kernels of corn. Cutting the corn off the cob is easy once the ears have cooled. Make sure you leave plenty of time. Holding on to hot ears of corn isn’t easy!
Sunshine Sweet Corn is readily available right now in your local grocery stores. I found a great deal on it at Kroger and we will be eating fresh corn in salads, fritters, and an assortment of other recipes for the next few days. It was deliciously sweet and crunchy and my whole family loves it.
Chili and Lime Roasted Corn Salad
This healthy salad recipe is loaded with bold flavors of chili powder and lime juice. Roasted corn, chicken and avocado are delicious additions to this simple salad. Try making your own homemade chili powder if you want o get creative! If you love healthy salads, try my steak salad with strawberries, too!
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 ears fresh supersweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup halved grape or cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- 2 fully ripened Hass avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
- Spicy Salad Dressing, recipe follows
- 4 cups mixed salad greens in bite-sized pieces
- Preheat broiler to high.
- In a small cup, combine lime juice, chili powder and salt.
- Brush corn ears with the seasoning mixture; place on a broiler pan. Broil 6 inches from heat source until lightly browned; turn and continue broiling until barely cooked, a total of 7 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine, chicken, tomatoes and radishes. Cut each avocado into slices then cut slices in half crosswise; add to chicken mixture.
- Add ¼ cup Spicy Salad Dressing; toss gently.
- Cut two or three ¼-inch slices from each corn ear; set aside. Cut remaining corn kernels from the cobs, by holding the ear upright in a shallow bowl so the kernels don’t scatter.
- Divide salad greens among 4 dinner plates. Top with the chicken mixture then corn kernels. Garnish with reserved corn rounds.
- Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
- Make Spicy Salad Dressing: To ½ cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing, add 1 teaspoon chili powder, and 1⁄8 teaspoon each ground cumin and ground red pepper (cayenne).
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 288mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 8gSugar: 11gProtein: 21g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Like this roasted corn salad recipe? Pin it for later!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.