This Fresh Blueberry Tart with Puff Pastry was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central. All opinions expressed are my own.
If you have been following my blog for a while, you will know that I have a serious sweet tooth. I love homemade desserts and this fresh blueberry tart recipe with Florida blueberries was absolutely delicious. It was also incredibly easy to make, which I love! I made this blueberry tart with puff pastry, which took a lot of the work out of it for me.
You can make homemade tarts with pie crust or tart shells as well. It just depends on your personal preference. However, I highly recommend using fresh blueberries. A blueberry tart using frozen blueberries will be tasty, but won’t have quite the same look. Frozen blueberries are also a bit too watery for this recipe.
Table of Contents
Choosing the Best Fresh Blueberries
Choosing seasonal produce is incredibly important. Since I live in Georgia, we get tons of produce right from Florida. With the warm weather finally here, fresh berries are showing up in the grocery store which were perfect for this blueberry tart.
If you are looking for more seasonal recipes, check out the Fresh From Florida Recipe Page for recipes featuring fresh produce for every season. Right now, Fresh From Florida watermelon, blueberries, bell peppers, and sweet corn are in season (Check out my bell pepper soup recipe if you are looking for a seasonal dinner recipe!)! Eating local means food is fresher!
Blueberry Tart Ingredients
Here are the ingredients you need to have on hand to make this simple tart:
- Frozen Puff Pastry Dough (approx. a one pound box) You will need to thaw it according to package directions.
- Mascarpone cheese. This might be more challenging to find. Substitute cream cheese if you absolutely can’t find it.
- Goat cheese. Don’t worry, the flavor is not overpowering once you combine the other topping ingredients.
- Fresh blueberries. Don’t use frozen, they will be much too watery.
- Honey. Local is better of course but any will do!
- Vanilla. Don’t skimp. Get the good stuff!
- Fresh basil. Yes, it really does need to be fresh. The combination of blueberries and basil is delicious!
Variations on This Homemade Tart
I went with a half sheet of puff pastry for this homemade tart, however, there are several other options available. If you want mini blueberry tarts, just cut the puff pastry into smaller squares before you bake it. Then, assemble the same way as the full-size tart.
Follow Fresh from Florida on social media to find fantastic ideas featuring Florida fruits and vegetables and to watch easy how-to videos for quick and healthy recipes.
- Fresh From Florida Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/freshfromfl
- Check out Fresh From Florida on Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/freshfromflorida
- Fresh From Florida Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/freshfromfl
More Easy Blueberry Recipes
Want a few more blueberry recipes to try? Check out a few of these!
- This lemon blueberry scone recipe is easy to make and has a wonderful flavor
- Make blueberry pecan breakfast bars with whole grain oats, nuts, honey, and a few other simple ingredients.
- The combination of lemon and blueberries in these homemade blueberry pancakes is delicious and takes only a few minutes to put together.
- Try my blueberry ricotta cheese coffee cake recipe for breakfast this week.
Fresh Blueberry Tart Recipe Using Puff Pastry
This easy blueberry tart uses puff pastry instead of a traditional tart crust. Combine mascarpone cheese with goat cheese, top with fresh blueberries and basil, and drizzle with honey. A delicious and easy tart recipe that comes together in just a few minutes.
- 1/2 package Puff Pastry Dough (approx. a one pound box)
- 4 oz mascarpone cheese, softened
- 2 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoon or so of honey (divided)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup basil, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Roll out the 1/2 sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface into a 13 x 11 in. rectangle.
- Place it on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone mat
- Bake at 400 for 12 to 15 minutes or until puffed up and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix the goat cheese and mascarpone cheese with vanilla and 1 to 2 TBSP honey
- Right before serving, spread the mixture over the cool puff pastry
- Sprinkle with fresh blueberries
- Drizzle with additional honey
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped basil
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.