I am a huge clearance shopper and a few weeks I scored a great deal. I found all natural mint chocolate chip yogurt popsicles on clearance for 75% off. YAY! I bought 6 boxes of them and we ate them every night. (Yes, I really do love my sweets!) Well, now they are gone and I am trying to find a Greek yogurt popsicle recipe that is similar to what we have come to love. Because when they are NOT on clearance, those things are ridiculously expensive! I put together a batch this week and thought I would share the recipe with you. Homemade popsicles are a huge summer treat and very inexpensive to make!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through a link on this site,
we receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
A note about ingredients before I get into the actual Greek yogurt popsicle recipe. You can make these as natural and organic as you possibly can or not. It is totally up to you. I chose to use organic yogurt and organic heavy cream, as well as organic chocolate chips and natural green food coloring. You don’t need to add the food coloring at all. Green doesn’t have a taste! But, since my kids seem to have an affinity for pretty colored food, I decided to add it to this homemade popsicle recipe. You can pick up natural food colors on Amazon or possibly in your local organic grocery store.
As for the popsicle molds, you can find tons of them online. Personally, I prefer the stainless steel popsicle molds. You can pick or choose from the millions of varieties they have online. I also like the smaller ones that are round rather than the wide, skinny ones. Just a personal preference. Let me know what you think of this Greek yogurt popsicle recipe if you try them! You can use your popsicle molds for frozen alcohol popsicles for the grownups or Coconut Milk Popsicles for the health conscious snacker!
Table of Contents
Mint Chocolate Chip Greek Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
- 2 cups vanilla greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons mint extract
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini ones work best and more for chopping and adding to the base of the popsicle if desired)
- Green food coloring (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cream, mint, and honey. Mix until smooth and blended.
- Add enough green food coloring to get desired color (if using)
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into popsicle molds.
- Chop additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Sprinkle base of popsicles with chopped chocolate if you are using it.
- Place tops/sticks onto the mold and freeze several hours.
- To remove the popsicle from the mold, run under hot water for a few seconds.
Like this post? Pin for later!
Want more healthy snack recipes? Try this one!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.