Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
When I am craving ice cream, I love pouring homemade peanut butter sauce on top. This peanut butter sauce recipe for ice cream brings back memories of my childhood. When I was a kid living in Connecticut, my all-time favorite restaurant to eat at was Friendly’s diner. Yup, I had fancy tastes back then. And Friendly’s peanut butter sauce was my favorite thing EVER!
After my standard dinner of grilled cheese and french fries, I always got an ice cream sundae with peanut butter sauce topping. It was an absolutely perfect ending to my meal and even now when I go back home I love to stop at Friendly’s and get peanut butter topping drizzled over several scoops of vanilla ice cream.
So, I got to thinking, why do I have to wait until I get within driving distance of Friendly’s before enjoying my favorite sundae? This peanut butter sauce recipe for ice cream is easy to make and absolutely delicious! While it isn’t the exact Friendly’s peanut butter sauce recipe you’ll get at the diner, it still hits the spot!
Not Quite Friendly’s Peanut Butter Sauce… But CLOSE!
I decided to do a little research on how to make dessert peanut butter sauce at home. The recipe that I came up with doesn’t taste exactly like the one at Friendly’s but it was certainly delicious and easy to make.
If you are looking for a homemade peanut butter topping to put on your next ice cream sundae, you should definitely try this one. Here are the topping ingredients you will need to get started:
- Light corn syrup: Not something I use a lot of but it keeps this sauce smooth and pourable.
- Heavy whipping cream: Don’t skimp here! Go for the good stuff!
- Butter: Adds a rich smoothness to this peanut butter sauce.
- Peanut butter: Use crunchy peanut butter if you like a little texture.
- Vanilla: I am a huge fan of Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste. It really does make a difference in flavor.
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
If you like this Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe for Ice Cream, try these peanut butter desserts as well:
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
- Easy peanut butter pie recipe: This Peanut Butter Pie Recipe is super fast, with no baking required.
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fudge: Only a few simple ingredients are needed for this healthy fudge recipe.
- Peanut butter Rice Cereal Treats: A healthier alternative to traditional Rice Krispies Treats.
Peanut Butter Sauce Topping Recipe
This peanut butter sauce dessert takes your simple bowl of ice cream to a whole other level. Creamy peanut butter and rich cream make this a rich, smooth, ice cream topping recipe perfect for your next ice cream sundae.
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine the corn syrup, heavy whipping cream, and butter.
- Heat over medium heat until the butter is melted and the solution is well blended
- Remove from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla.
- Stir gently until the peanut butter is melted
- With a wire whisk, beat briskly until smooth and shiny (about 2 to 3 minutes)
- Let cool slightly before pouring over ice cream
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 8g
Nutrition Information Not Always Accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.