One of my family’s all time favorite dinner recipes is chicken and broccoli Alfredo. When we are crushed for time and hungry, this simple meal really hits the spot. Loaded with chicken and fresh broccoli, if pasta recipe are popular in your house, give it a try tonight! Busy weeknight meals don’t have to come from the drive thru!
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
How to Make Homemade Alfredo Sauce
Don’t be intimidated by the idea of homemade Alfredo sauce. It is seriously the easiest homemade pasta sauce you will ever make! This Alfredo sauce is easy to make and perfect with your favorite pasta!
More Broccoli Recipes
- Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe for a Simple Vegetarian Dinner Idea
- Asian Quinoa Recipe with Broccoli and Tofu
- Creamy Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe with Walnuts
How do you make jar Alfredo sauce better?
So, you don’t have time to make homemade Alfredo sauce? Want to start from a jar but don’t care for the taste? Make your jarred Alfredo sauce better with these tips:
- Start with 1 jar of premade Alfredo sauce. Heat it on the stove in a pan.
- Add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated.
- Stir in 1 cup milk or cream
- Add 1 cup Mozzarella cheese if you have it
- Toss in 1 tablespoon of minced garlic. Fresh is best! But, garlic powder will do in a pinch.
- Add 1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Stir in 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning, basil, oregano, or your favorite Italian themed spices.
Easy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo Recipe
This chicken and broccoli alfredo recipe is a very easy 30 minute meal. It is even shorter if you already have the cooked chicken and steamed broccoli ready to go in the fridge. You can do those steps ahead and then just microwave them for a few minutes to reheat before adding to the pasta/sauce. This is NOT a low fat dish. I am sure there are ways to make a low fat Alfredo sauce but I just can’t do that! Instead, I halved the amount of sauce I added to the pasta. Yes, it is a little drier that way but I don’t really care for my food swimming in sauce anyhow!
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
- 1 or 2 chicken breasts (about 3/4 pound total) cooked and cut into strips
- 10 to 12 ounces steamed broccoli (about 3-4 cups)
- 3/4 pound fettuccine noodles
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup of light cream
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot according to package directions
- Drain pasta and put empty pot back on stove
- Put in the pot the butter and cream, stir until butter is melted
- Add pasta and Parmesan Cheese and toss until smooth and well coated
- Add in chicken and broccoli and toss to mix.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2834Total Fat: 143gSaturated Fat: 73gCholesterol: 468mgSodium: 7766mgCarbohydrates: 272gSugar: 38gProtein: 141g
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.