This easy broccoli quiche recipe has been sponsored by Organic Valley. I received product to use for this vegetarian dinner idea but all opinions are my own.
Love homemade quiche? Need fresh broccoli recipes? This broccoli quiche recipe is delicious for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Loaded with cheddar cheese, rosemary and broccoli, make this easy quiche for a Mother’s Day or Easter brunch for the whole family. A vegetarian recipe that is rich and flavorful.
Homemade quiche is an easy vegetarian dinner idea
Every week, I sit down with Pinterest and a few cookbooks and try to come up with a few meatless dishes to serve throughout the week. Vegetarian dinner ideas like this easy broccoli quiche recipe help cut down on our food budget and reduce our carbon footprint. It is also a dinner my family really enjoys, which makes my life a whole lot easier! Doesn’t it look delicious? Eggs are a great source of protein for your meatless recipes and I definitely encourage you to pick up an egg cookbook if you need inspiration!
A Simple Vegetarian Dinner Idea
You know what I love about quiche? It is an incredibly easy and versatile meal. Not only is it an easy vegetarian dinner idea but it also works for breakfast and lunch as well. Put a slice on the table for breakfast and you have a filling, high protein meal to start your day. Cut a slice and put it in the lunchbox and everyone is happy that it isn’t yet another peanut butter and jelly sandwich. One easy broccoli quiche recipe, many healthy and delicious meal options!
More Fresh Broccoli Recipes to Try
- Creamy Broccoli Apple Salad Recipe with Walnuts
- Asian Quinoa Recipe with Broccoli and Tofu
- Fresh Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
When choosing the ingredients for any recipe, I am fairly picky about what I use. I choose free range eggs and organic dairy products whenever possible. Supporting companies who raise animals ethically and are concerned with the quality of the final product is very important to me. Organic Valley is a brand that I have trusted for years and I definitely feel good about using their organic dairy products in my cooking!
Easy Broccoli Quiche Recipe
- 3 to 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 10 ounce pkg frozen broccoli, thawed, drained and cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Organic Valley Half and Half
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 2 to 3 TBSP freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Place pie crush in a 9 inch pie dish and flute the edges
- In a large frying pan, saute the broccoli,garlic, and rosemary in the olive oil until garlic and rosemary are fragrant (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the half and half. Add in the salt and pepper. Mix in 3/4 cup swiss.
- Place the broccoli mixture in the bottom of the pie dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the top
- Sprinkle the remaining Swiss and the Parmesan cheese on top of the broccoli/egg mixture
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 406Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 335mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 11g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Love this easy broccoli quiche recipe? Pin for later!
Need another vegetarian dinner idea? Check out my vegetarian recipes!
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.