Love tacos? Add those toppings to a homemade pizza and you have a simple dinner idea the whole family will love! This easy taco pizza recipe will become a family favorite quickly!
Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links.
What is on a taco pizza?
Basically, taco pizzas are loaded with exactly what you put in a regular taco. Ground beef seasoned with taco seasoning, freshly diced tomatoes, and some sort of greenery. I like to replace the shredded lettuce with either fresh basil or arugula. Use a red or white sauce for this easy taco pizza recipe and then sprinkle on some shredded cheese if desired.
Homemade Pizza Makes Weeknight Dinners Easy!
Over the last year or so, I have gotten rather lazy with my weeknight meals. There are only so many easy dinner ideas in my repertoire and I find myself falling back on the same few over and over again.
While I enjoy creativity in the kitchen on the weekends, I generally want fast and easy during the week. Homework and after school activities have us pretty busy Monday through Friday. This easy taco pizza recipe was a new one for us and it was relatively quick to throw together.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
Semi Homemade Pizza Crust
The crust of this easy taco pizza recipe is made with crescent rolls. You could certainly make your own crust, but for a busy weeknight, you can’t beat a crescent roll crust. If you can’t find them in your local grocery store, try the Amazon Fresh program.
Did you know you could buy fresh, refrigerated foods from Amazon? It is convenient, especially when you can’t find a lot of natural and organic foods in your local stores. Buy Annie’s crescent rolls on Amazon and get started with your homemade pizza!
- Loaded Baked Potato Pizza Recipe
- Easy Snack Recipe: Pizza Biscuits
- Barbecue Chicken French Bread Pizza
Salsa vs Cherry Tomatoes as a Pizza Topping
Some people prefer to use salsa as a topping for taco pizza recipes. Personally, I think it seems a bit too WET. I slice cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle on the pizza once it comes out of the oven. That way, the dough doesn’t get too soggy. I try to be very careful with homemade pizza toppings and how much liquid they add to the recipe. I hate soggy pizza crusts!
Tips for Making Homemade Pizza
One challenge I came across during my recipe creation was that my pizza stone is ROUND and my crescent rolls are square. I love my round stone and think the crust would have had an even nicer crunch to it had I been able to use that instead of a cookie sheet.
But, I was actually amazed at how sturdy the crust was considering it was made of crescent rolls and not pizza dough. Just buy some organic taco seasoning or make homemade taco seasoning in bulk and you are all set to start cooking! Doesn’t this look tasty?
Easy Taco Pizza Recipe
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- Taco seasoning, 1 packet or enough to season 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- Unroll the crescent rolls onto a cookie sheet or pizza stone. Press them together with your fingers or roll them out a bit. You are looking to get one relatively smooth crust with no visible holes.
- Bake the crust according to package directions. Mine was 15 minutes in a 375 degree oven. Bake til golden brown.
- While the crust cooks, cook the ground beef in a medium pan until done. Add the taco seasoning and water and stir. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the softened cream cheese with the shredded cheddar. Mix until blended.
- Remove the crust from the oven and let cool 2 or 3 minutes.
- Spread the crust with the cheese mixture. The easiest thing to do is drop small amounts from a spoon all over the crust. Let it soften from the heat of the crust, then spread with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- On top of the cheese, sprinkle the ground beef, lettuce and tomato.
- Cut the pizza with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 702Total Fat: 47gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 184mgSodium: 616mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Like this simple dinner idea? Pin for later!
More Family Dinner Ideas
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.