These tips on how to improve your digestion have been sponsored by Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes. All opinions expressed here are my own.
If you have recently started eating a healthier diet, you may have encountered a few challenges. Temptations like junk food lurk around every corner. Eating healthier sometimes takes more effort in the kitchen and may even cost more.
Maybe you are realizing that your stomach isn’t adjusting to a healthy diet as quickly as you had hoped. If you are wondering how to improve your digestion while eating healthy, I thought I would share a few easy tips that might help.
I will also let you in on a little secret… Renew Life Digest Smart Enzymes can make eating healthy a little easier on your stomach!
How to Improve Your Digestion
Healthy foods are often high in fiber, which requires a bit more effort from your stomach to turn into vital nutrients our bodies need. If you feel like you need some extra digestive health, follow these simple tips:
- Include both insoluble and soluble fiber: Did you know there were different types of fiber? Make sure to include both types for optimum digestion. Good sources of insoluble fiber: vegetables and whole grains. Get soluble fiber from things like oat bran, nuts, seeds, and legumes.
- Limit High Fat Foods: Fat tends to slow down digestion so limit how much of it you eat. Choose lean meats rather than fattier cuts to keep protein levels up.
- Eat on a schedule: Making sure you eat regular meals is an important part of eating healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking plenty of water will help improve digestive health.
- Exercise regularly: Exercise helps digestion immensely so an after-dinner walk is always a good idea.
Renew Life Digest Smart Enzymes
Another way to improve your digestion is through digestive enzymes! Transitioning to a healthier diet can sometimes cause a bit of stomach upset. However, occasional gas, bloating, and indigestion don’t have to be part of your healthy diet experience. Digest Smart Enzymes are an easy way to improve your digestion!
Renew Life® Digest Smart Enzymes contains 25 plant-based, raw enzymes to provide powerful digestive support when you need it most. These enzymes help your body’s natural processes break down proteins, carbohydrate, fats, and fiber to make digesting healthy foods gentler on your stomach.
Just take one capsule before each meal to help reduce that occasional bloating and gas that can sometimes result from high fiber foods.
Digest Smart Enzymes are available at health food stores, grocery, and drugstores. To learn more about Digest Smart Enzymes and the full line of Renew Life® supplements, visit http://bit.ly/2swy22g. Have any other tips on how to improve digestion?
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.
3 thoughts on “How to Improve Your Digestion When Eating a Healthy Diet”
Your digestive system is most active during your sleep at night. If you are eating more for gaining weight, please have a good night’s sleep. Also, in the process of eating more, please DON’T EAT WRONG! Don’t eat useless stuff or junk food. Try and eat as much of home cooked food as you can. Drink at least 500ml of water 15 mins before every meal and at least 6–8 liters throughout the day. Have limited water during meals, and no water up to 30 mins after meal. Eat bananas and cucumbers daily. Go for a brisk walk for 30–40 mints in the evening.
These are all really great tips! An after dinner walk is a great way to keep metabolism moving as our bodies head to bed!
I’ll have to look for these. My husband has problems with certain types of food.