My family has discovered the joys of Nutella and their is no going back now! They dip fruit into it, stick pretzels in it, put it on toast and this week we made a batch of brownies with it. Nutella® (pronounced “new-tell-uh”) is a tasty unique spread made from the combination of roasted hazelnuts, skim milk and a hint of cocoa. Nutella® has no artificial colors or preservatives (but if you want to make your own, check out my homemade nutella recipe) (but if you want to make your own, check out my homemade nutella recipe). Here is the recipe we used to make our brownies!
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 C cocoa powder
3/4 C sugar
1/2 C Nutella
3oz dark chocolate, melted
1/2 C all-purpose flour
1/2 t salt
More chocolate chips/chunks/chopped nuts (I added about 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts and 1/3 cup chocolate chips)
1. Put 1 stick of butter and 1/2 C of cocoa powder in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute
2. Wisk together until well blended
3. Over medium heat melt the dark chocolate in a small sauce pan
4. Add 3/4 C sugar , 1/2 C Nutella and 3 oz melted dark chocolate to the butter.cocoa bowl and stir well
5. Add the 2 eggs and mix well.
6. Add the flour and salt and mix again
7. Gently stir in nuts and chocolate chips if desired
8. Pour into 8 inch square pan the has been greased
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes
10. Let cool before cutting!
Want to try Nutella for yourself?
Here is a coupon for $1.00 off a jar of Nutella!
Disclaimer: As per FTC guidelines, I received product samples in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions expressed here are mine and mine alone.
Diane has a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology with a Minor in Health Management and Policy. She spent many years working in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging as a way to share this knowledge with others. While passionate about health and the environment she can’t quite give up her favorite Cheetos and Diet Coke! Learn more about her HERE.