Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for unique zucchini recipes? Make them into homemade hand pies! This zucchini hand pie is easy to make and starts with a store bought pie crust. Make a savory filling with shredded zucchini, Parmesan cheese, and herbs and spices. Then fill, seal and bake. Make a homemade sour cream dip and enjoy! This baked zucchini recipe is SO much tastier than yet another zucchini bread!
You Can’t Have Too Many Zucchini Recipes!
I absolutely love zucchini. I can’t seem to grow it in my garden to save my life but thankfully it is incredibly abundant during the summer farmer’s markets. My children and husband, however, dislike zucchini immensely.
It drives me NUTS and I am constantly trying to find ways to sneak zucchini into my meals without a huge amount of complaining. Who doesn’t like zucchini, right? Anyhow, I make a crab puff using pie crust and decided to see if I could create a zucchini puff instead.
I made a few variations but my husband absolutely loved these so I thought I would share. You can probably use wonton wrappers or puff pastry in this recipe as well. I will admit, I used a store bought pie crust because honestly I DETEST rolling things out but if you want you can make your pie crust from scratch to wrap these in if you are feeling ambitious.
Zucchini and Parmesan Crescents
Looking for easy and healthy zucchini recipes? This homemade coleslaw uses shredded zucchini, fresh carrots, and yellow squash. Toss it in a light oil and vinegar dressing and you have a healthy side dish for your next summer dinner.
Want more zucchini recipes? Try these!
- Easy Zucchini Carrot Slaw Recipe This easy coleslaw recipe is made with zucchini and carrots. It’s a great way to use up too many zucchini.
- Zucchini Oven Chips with Parmesan Cheese Serve with a side of low fat ranch dressing for dipping because everything is better dipped in ranch dressing!
- How to Freeze Zucchini Learn how to freeze zucchini so that when winter rolls around, you can still be eating locally raised zucchini!
- 2 small zucchini, shredded with excess moisture squeezed out (about 3 cups)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs, scrambled (divided)
- 2 pie crusts (premade or store bought)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 TBSP chives, chopped
- Combine shredded zucchini, Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and 1 scrambled egg in a large bowl.
- Cut circles out of the pie crust using a cup or cookie cutter. You want circles approximately 4 to 5 inches across
- Place circles on a cookie sheet that is sprayed with non stick spray or lined with parchment paper
- Place approximately 1 TBSP zucchini filling onto each circle
- Fold over each circle and crimp edges together with a fork. Repeat for all of the pastry circles
- When all of the circles are filled, brush the exterior of all of them with the remaining scrambled egg.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with a side of sour cream that is sprinkled with chopped chives
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 478mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.