Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolate avocado smoothie recipe is sponsored by The National Frozen & Refrigerated Foods Association (NFRA). All opinions are my own. For more inspiration during #JuneDairyMonth, be sure to check out delicious ideas from NFRA at EasyHomeMeals.com. #JDM2021
Looking for a healthy on-the-go breakfast this month? This avocado smoothie is a great way to fuel your day without heating up the kitchen! Made with chocolate almond milk, creamy avocados, frozen banana, and ground flax seeds, it is quick and easy to get you out the door fast.
Why do you put avocado in a smoothie? Because it is loaded with healthy fats and gives your chocolate smoothie a rich and creamy texture. And using almond milk means it’s vegan as well! Overall, a healthy way to start the day. And who doesn’t love chocolate, right?
Tips For Making A Chocolate Smoothie
Making this chocolate smoothie is seriously simple because you start with Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk. Made with real Blue Diamond almonds, it contains 50% more calcium than regular dairy milk.
Seriously, it’s delicious. Drink it straight or blend it into a smoothie. You’ll love the taste, guaranteed (or your money back). It’s available in a variety of sizes and flavors which are all free from dairy, soy, and lactose.
✯Don’t want to miss the next post?✯
Or join the private Facebook group for simple tips on going green!
In addition, Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk is a great source of vitamin D and E, non-GMO Project verified and vegan as well.
Just take all the ingredients, add into a high-powered blender, and puree until smooth. Simple, quick, and easy to make for your busy, on-the-go morning.
To Make Your Smoothie
Like most smoothies, this one is pretty easy to make.
- Get out your blender and pour in your Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk.
- Break the frozen banana in half or thirds and toss that in as well.
- Spoon in the ground flax seeds
- Remove the skin from the avocado and scoop it out. Add the avocado into the blender as well.
- Put the lid on the blender and puree until smooth!
Pour your smoothie into a glass and top with more ground flax seeds, a few mini chocolate chips, and some fresh mint if you want a bit if visual appeal. Of course, you can just skip the decorating and enjoy it plain as well!
Ingredient Additions and Substitutions
Here are a few recipe additions, substitutions, and variations if you want to switch things up a little bit.
- Fresh spinach: Greens make a great addition to this chocolate smoothie. Spinach will add nutrients without changing the flavor at all.
- Protein powder: If you want a real boost of protein, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Seeds: Add chia seeds or flax seeds for more fiber and protein if desired.
- Nut butters: If you want more protein, add whatever nut or seed butters you have on hand. Cashew, peanut, or sunflower butter are all great choices.
- Sweeteners: I find that the Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk is sweet enough in this smoothie, however, if you want it sweeter, add a few medjool dates or a little bit of honey or agave nectar.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes
Looking for more healthy smoothies? Here are a few you might want to try:
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Bowl This chocolate almond butter smoothie bowl recipe is the best breakfast for nut lovers!
- Mint Chocolate Chip Healthy Protein Smoothie Looking for a healthy breakfast? Try this mint chocolate chip smoothie recipe!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Smoothie Want a healthy pumpkin spice latte alternative to start your day? This pumpkin smoothie is the perfect choice!
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Recipe
Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk is a delicious treat when you are craving something rich, sweet, and chocolatey! Blend in an avocado, banana, and nut butter and you have a delicious chocolate avocado smoothie to start your day off right!
- 2 cups Almond Breeze® Chocolate Almondmilk
- 1 frozen banana.
- ½ an avocado.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- additional ground flaxseed, mini chocolate chips and fresh mint for decorating.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a cup and garnish as desired with additional ground flax seeds, mini chocolate chips and fresh mint.
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.