Posts feature partner companies & may be sponsored. Post contains affiliate links & I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Churro Style Tortillas with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce are a an easy Mexican dessert recipe. Crunchy, sweet tortillas dipped in spicy chocolate dipping sauce!
Tortillas to the Rescue
I am a huge fan of the tortilla! Good for wrapping up a sandwich, some Tex-Mex fajitas or a simple melted cheese quesadilla. They stay good for a long time in the fridge if you keep them well sealed and come in whole wheat for a little added nutrition.
Like these Churro Style Tortillas? Try these Mexican recipes, too:
- Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce and Variations for Serving
- Chili and Lime Roasted Corn Salad with Avocado and Chicken
- Avocado Cilantro Crema Recipe
I recently received the cookbook Tortillas to the Rescue: Scrumptious Snacks, Mouth-Watering Meals and Delicious Desserts–All Made with the Amazing Tortilla to review and honestly had never considered the tortilla as a desert item until now.
Churro Style Tortillas with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce
This recipe is super easy and was a HUGE hit with the family. Who wouldn’t like crunchy, sweet tortillas dipped in chocolate, right? The original recipe said to fry the tortillas in butter but I am way too lazy a cook to stand there that long so I baked them instead and they came out great!
If not everyone likes their chocolate spicy just take a small portion of it out of the pan before adding a bit of a cayenne kick!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 TBSP light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon (divided)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 2-4 TBSP melted butter (or more as needed)
- 4 to 6 small tortillas cut into strips
- In a small saucepan add the heavy cream, chocolate chips, and corn syrup. Heat over low heat until melted and smooth. Add 1/2 tsp cinnamon, vanilla, and cayenne pepper. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- For the tortilla strips: Place the strips in a large bowl and drizzle with melted butter. mix well and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar. Toss gently until evenly coated.
- Dump the tortilla strips onto 2 baking sheets and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes, turning with a spatula 3 or 4 times to cook evenly. When light brown and crispy remove from the oven to cool
- Place the tortilla strips in a serving bowl and serve with a small bowl of the chocolate sauce for dipping!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 521Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 367mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 4gSugar: 21gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.