I am so excited to see fresh cranberries back in the grocery store. I ran out of the ones I put in the freezer about 4 months ago and have been craving them ever since! This fresh cranberry butter recipe is perfect on holiday rolls or on your morning bagel. It is incredibly easy to make and almost as tasty as my blackberry honey butter. Don’t you just love the combination of orange and cranberries?
Table of Contents
Tips for making cranberry butter
You really don’t need too many special tools or ingredients to make this fresh cranberry butter recipe. You will need to get a microplane zester. It takes only a few minutes to remove all the zest from an orange when you use one of those handy tools.
The only other thing you might want is vanilla bean paste. Personally, I much prefer it over plain vanilla but either will work just fine. However, the vanilla bean paste actually has little flecks of vanilla bean in it which gives it a nicer visual appeal.
Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature. This absolutely will NOT work with hard butter!
More Fresh Cranberry Recipes
Looking for more recipes using fresh cranberries? You are in luck! Here are a few of my favorites for you to try at home:
- Cranberry Shortbread Cookie Recipe with Orange Zest. Looking for easy cranberry recipes this month? This mouthwatering homemade shortbread takes only minutes to assemble and has a rich but simple flavor.
- Whole Wheat Cranberry Bread.With freshly ground whole wheat flour this cranberry bread recipe has a slightly denser texture and is a healthy quick bread recipe your whole family will love.
- Easy Vanilla Cake Recipe with Yogurt and Cranberries. This easy cake recipe with yogurt and cranberries is the perfect balance between sweet and tart. A dense and moist yogurt cake you will love!
Fresh Cranberry Butter Recipe with Orange and Vanilla
Love homemade honey butter? Make whipped cranberry butter and give your breakfast an elegant touch. Or bring it as a hostess gift next time you are invited to a holiday party. Here is the very simple recipe that will make your breakfast table stand out this holiday season!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) softened to room temperature
- 4 to 5 TBSP honey
- 3/4 cup cranberries, chopped
- zest of one orange
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Beat butter on high until smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients and beat until mixed
- Spoon into jars with lids and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. Make sure to remove and let stand at room temp for an hour or so before you need to use it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 0g
Nutrition information not always accurate
Like this cranberry recipe? Pin it for later!
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.