This easy natural flu shot recipe is just what you need to fight off cold and flu germs. This isn’t an actual flu SHOT. As in, the normal type of injection you go and get from your doctor. This is a flu shot that you put in a teeny tiny glass and toss back like when you were back in college and first learning about tequila. I promise, though, this natural flu shot will not leave you hungover and feeling miserable the next day! Quite the opposite, actually!
Table of Contents
Natural Ways to Prevent the Flu
I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding vaccines in general and the flu shot particularly. Let me just say that my family is vaccinated with mandatory vaccines, although we chose a slightly altered schedule to spread them out a bit.
We do not, however, get a flu shot. Judge me if you want but we are young, healthy, and low risk. I have a background in the healthcare field.
For now, I will stick to things like this natural flu shot recipe instead of an actual flu vaccine.
Other tips to stay healthy
- How to Increase Immunity Naturally and Visit Your Doctor Less!
- Preventing Norovirus Infection and Other Nasty Stomach Bugs
- Tips for Feeling Good During Cold and Flu Season
What Ingredients are in a Flu Shot
The ingredients in this natural flu shot recipe may not taste all that great but they have some serious immune-boosting power. I have been taking many of these ingredients as capsule supplements but they are definitely better for you the fresher they are.
Here are the health benefits of the ingredients I chose to include.
- Orange juice: Boosts immune system function, boosts cellular repair and metabolism, detoxifies the body, improves circulation, reduces inflammation, and LOADED with vitamin C for immune support.
- Garlic: Has antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal properties
- Ginger: Contains substances that may reduce nausea and inflammation. Great for healthy digestion, which in turn allows good gut bacteria to thrive and keep out the ‘bad’ ones!
- Turmeric: Has powerful anti-inflammatory and antiseptic qualities. Here is my affiliate link to buy powdered turmeric on Amazon if you can’t find it in your grocery store. You can also use fresh if available.
- Cayenne Pepper: Relieves Migraine Pain. Prevents Blood Clots. Provides Detox Support. Relieves Joint and Nerve Pain. Supports Weight Loss. Works as Anti-Irritant. Boosts Metabolism.
Now, let me just be clear on one thing here…THIS NATURAL FLU SHOT RECIPE DOES NOT TASTE GOOD! This is not a sipping beverage. It is a suck this back as fast as you can while holding your nose kind of drink!
The primary things you taste are the garlic and ginger, with the sweetness of orange juice. While garlic and ginger are two of my favorite flavors, they are STRONG when they are raw!
Easy Natural Flu Shot Recipe to Boost Immunity
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 64Total Fat: 1gSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 11gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Diane is a professional blogger and nationally certified pharmacy technician at Good Pill Pharmacy. She earned her BS in Microbiology at the University of New Hampshire and has worked in cancer research, academics, and biotechnology. Concern over the growing incidence of human disease and the birth of her children led her to begin living a more natural life. She quickly realized that the information she was learning along the way could be beneficial to many others and started blogging and freelance writing to share this knowledge with others. Learn more about her HERE.